Kings News: Raffi Torres suspended for remainder of Western Conference Semifinals

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Unfortunately very few will actually watch it before rendering an opinion.

I'll go as far to say most haven't and opinions are based on the 1st video posted the night it happened. Shannys breakdown is excellent, especially when talking about the line Torres took to make the hit and how gliding through the hit are the one of the main characteristics of a headshot.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Shark fans should just smile and keep quiet. They got away with having a worthless player take out a key player for our team and all it cost them was his presence in this series.

I hope that Torres only ends up with a 3 game suspension.

GO KINGS GO!!!!!

GUT THESE COWARDLY GUPPIES AND SEND EM HOME TO CRY IN THEIR FISHTANKS!!!!!

GO KINGS GO!!!!!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well Torres got what he deserved, not enough if you ask me.

That piece of trash is going to really injure someone, like break someone's neck...Then the league will get rid of him, sadly that will be too late.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Alright pulled myself out of the main board. Thought my soul was going to be lost in that abyss for-ev-er.

Glad Raffi is gone. Moving on.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Well Torres got what he deserved, not enough if you ask me.

That piece of trash is going to really injure someone, like break someone's neck...Then the league will get rid of him, sadly that will be too late.

With Torres' history of headhunting, I am completely baffled at all of the people who don't recognize how dangerous he is.

He and Cooke are the only players that I believe have no place in this league.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
It is still beyond me how anyone defends that piece of ****. I was having this conversation earlier with the wife. The only thing we could come up with is the amount of hate people have for the Kings because they won the cup. I mean seriously though, someone is willing to defend that POS just because they don't like a team. Pretty insane if you ask me.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
Toss that *******. 3 straight years in 3 playoffs, he dishes out 3 headshots. NHL is just not serious about banning headshots.

450+ hits between St. Louis and LA and very minimal penalties. It proves hockey can keep it fast and keep the hitting.

Just lacks the cojones to make a decision that sends a message. How many people have to get Post Concussion Syndrome before they give a ****?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Toss that *******. 3 straight years in 3 playoffs, he dishes out 3 headshots. NHL is just not serious about banning headshots.

450+ hits between St. Louis and LA and very minimal penalties. It proves hockey can keep it fast and keep the hitting.

Just lacks the cojones to make a decision that sends a message. How many people have to get Post Concussion Syndrome before they give a ****?

I couldn't agree with this post more.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He didn't need to be suspended for 25 games like he was last time, but this is how some people always claimed suspensions should be handled, especially since Torres is defined by these plays. You hurt a guy, likely for the series, you're gone too.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I still don't see anything wrong with the hit and feel Penner's was about the same.

Sums up my thoughts. This is a suspension based solely on the outcome of the hit and Torres history. Almost any other player in the league makes that hit and it's maybe a fine or a game if anything at all.

The league continually sends mixed messages on what is allowed and what isn't. Rick Nash lines up and throws an elbow to the back and drives the player face first into the ice? No injury = no suspension. Brown throws a blind counter check and his elbow catches the players face. Injury = suspension.

The NHL seems intent on only punishing results and not intent, and until that changes these hits are going to continue becuase the players still don't understand what a punishable hit and what isn't.

Ron*

It is still beyond me how anyone defends that piece of ****. I was having this conversation earlier with the wife. The only thing we could come up with is the amount of hate people have for the Kings because they won the cup. I mean seriously though, someone is willing to defend that POS just because they don't like a team. Pretty insane if you ask me.

It's a very simple analogy, but very powerful in its own right:

If Torres was a King and he did that to Couture, they would be setting up a noose in downtown San José right now. It is really funny how fans lose perspective of the game when emotions get the better of them. A goon is still a goon, and some Sharks fans are actually saying they didn't want that POS on their team to begin with...good for them. I would lose all respect for Lombardi if that POS ever put on a Kings uni.

And cringe.

Ron*

lebrun_twitter_49669_normal.jpg

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Raffi Torres has decided not to appeal his suspension

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I would think it has much to do with the fact that it would go to Gary first. And with Stoll suffering from post concussion syndrome right now he might get more not less.

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
The league continually sends mixed messages on what is allowed and what isn't. Rick Nash lines up and throws an elbow to the back and drives the player face first into the ice? No injury = no suspension. Brown throws a blind counter check and his elbow catches the players face. Injury = suspension.

The NHL seems intent on only punishing results and not intent, and until that changes these hits are going to continue becuase the players still don't understand what a punishable hit and what isn't.

The NHL is in a weird spot. They know that violence sells, so they want to maintain some aspect of that in the game. But they're also morally obligated to care about this thing called player safety. Hence, the constant reactions to player injuries but not player targeting

Ron*

A Statement from GM Doug Wilson Regarding the Raffi Torres Suspension

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=671163

My comment was below:

Doug Wilson is deeply invested into his decision to bring a miserable POS like Torres into an otherwise respectable organization so of course he has to defend his position. He is now officially "all in."

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I would think it has much to do with the fact that it would go to Gary first. And with Stoll suffering from post concussion syndrome right now he might get more not less.

Have they said he has a concussion?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the other post.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad