Kings News: Raffi Torres suspended for remainder of Western Conference Semifinals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I doubt he'll get anything probably a fine! Hope he gets banned for good! Just get this idiot out already!

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I'm thinking 6. He's gone for this series.
I said this elsewhere I think it goes like this.
Is it suspension? I think it could be a 1 gamer.
Are you a repeat offender. Add 2 games.
Are you Torres or Cooke. Now multiply by 2.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Technically I believe he's been suspended for today.

No he is suspended barring the outcome of the hearing. But because it was in person and in NY it's kind of hard to get back. But it was an early hearing and they could make it back in time for the game. But would the Sharks play him after the whirlwind trip.

Ron*

You are correct. He has been suspended pending the decision, which has been made but not announced.

In any event, any suspension would include this game.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
It's not a 6 game it is up to 6 games. He is out for this series how ever many games it might be. If the Sharks could win the next 4 it would be a 4 game suspension.

Ron*

I can't change the title of this thread, but I would ask the mods to do so.

I don't think its enough. Say the Kings lose four in a row (won't happen, I know, but let's speculate).

Then that POS is suspended only 4 games, and he can create more havoc in the next series.

He should have been gone for a specific set of games. At least 6, closer to 15.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.

Correct ... he's ALREADY "technically " suspended, thus missing tonight's game at a minimum, to those thinking he'll get NOTHING ... ummm Brendan Shanahan didn't ask Torres to Fly all the way out to NY so they could shoot the **** and take in a Yankees game ... he's getting some level of lengthy suspension, asking him to come to NY for the IN-PERSON Hearing allows the NHL to exceed a 5 game maximum suspension limit had they NOT had the IN-PERSON Hearing, so expect 5+ games at least most likely more. It wouldn't be completely unexpected to see it be around 20 games ... thus keeping him OUT of ALL potential remaining Playoff games this year, and then having it get adjust down to allow him back at the beginning of next season again. Harsh ? YES, warranted ? maybe not for 'THAT' hit, but it sends the message and maybe get Torres to stop taking runs at players like this anymore ?

I fully expect those that hate the Kings to post conspiracy theories left and right, and some that were indifferent to us to now hate us ... but, OH WELL, such is the life of a Perennial Stanley Cup Contending Team, so we better get used to it. :naughty:

Damn it!
Not enough time to get this thread going! Ha ha.

No kidding I was just posting my reply when the news broke ... HA ! Remainder of SERIES only huh ? Fair enough I guess, I could have seen more, but honestly the hit wasn't as bad as others Torres has taken, and with us eliminating the Sharks he's out for the rest of the playoffs anyways ! :)

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Thought the explanation was pretty good, but variable suspension is stupid, imo. Give the guy a finite number.

Also, guess it's pretty typical about how HF feels about the Kings right now...One of the most notorious cheapshot artists of all time, Raffi ****ing Torres, injures a King and it's the King's fault :laugh:

We don't even have to throw the hits anymore, ladies and gentlemen. All we have to do is get hit by em and we're at fault.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Honestly I hate Raffi but this seems long. Really had to be a lot to do with his reputation.

TheSentinel

Mar 4, 2013
WhereTheKingsReign
I thought the Brown suspension was dumb but i didn't complain about it. The head happened to be there instead of the body, Brown hit the head. Head got hit that's all that mattered. Serve your time and move on decision made.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00