Kings News: Raffi Torres suspended for remainder of Western Conference Semifinals

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The main board is just too much to take. How they can defend that clown, even after the lengthy explanation by shanny [which was well done btw ] , is beyond me.

MSRinkRat

May 4, 2012
No because we still lost Stoll.
And the way the team has talked around it would think for maybe for the rest of this run.

The OP was to guess how long the suspension would be. Not if we won or lost in Stoll being out.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Feel so vindicated.

edit: I'm able to get in again!

edit edit: I got edited!

edit edit edit: Ooops! It's a whole new thread haha!

Last edited:

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Sounds about right. I figured 4-6. It's going to wind up being 3-6 with a chance that he is done for the entire season depending on the series outcome.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
The main board is just too much to take. How they can defend that clown, even after the lengthy explanation by shanny [which was well done btw ] , is beyond me.

Its funny seeing them defend it, its like they forgot:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Players don't get paid for the playoffs, do they? Not unless they win that is. I don't think he'll lose any money or sleep over this.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Its funny seeing them defend it, its like they forgot:

You can find at least 7-10 hits that look exactly the same from this guy. That's the problem with him. He keeps making hits, he keeps getting suspended. This should have been 10-15 games. If the NHL isn't going to give out long punishments when the guy JUST sat out 21 games for a high hit, he'll keep doing it.

KingKopitar11*

Its not long enough, but the video that Shanny made is very thorough.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You can find at least 7-10 hits that look exactly the same from this guy. That's the problem with him. He keeps making hits, he keeps getting suspended. This should have been 10-15 games. If the NHL isn't going to give out long punishments when the guy JUST sat out 21 games for a high hit, he'll keep doing it.

That's the part I'm worried about.

The guy is going 'only 6 games?' Say the Sharks beat us, loss of Stoll being a factor...what the hell kind of deterrent was that?

As someone else mentioned, that's THREE playoffs in a row where he's taken someone out. And now he has the chance to play for a cup if he team moves on. That's appalling.

KingKopitar11*

Shanny's video explanation was very detailed, I was pretty shocked

I watch most of his suspension vids. But I feel this is the best detailed one imo.

I knew it was a bad hit when i saw stoll spin out and torres skated through the hit.

Edit : I never knew how much I cared about Stoll since he was taken out, he just came off as the kind of guy you dont ever think would get injured. Feel bad for him. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

KingKopitar11*

Also this.

He should never be allowed to play. I'm sure he'll do it at least once more in his career....

It sucks i cant imagine how other players feel when hes on the ice, theyd probably be worried that they'd be hit high. Its probably a nervous feeling on the ice for the opposition.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
The fact that posters are STILL trying to defend the hit is hilarious.

Obviously the league doesn't agree with you. I wish he was kicked out of the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad