Player Discussion Rafaël Harvey-Pinard

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yea the Ruscheinski pick, as a tribute, was just so dumb lol. If you want to make a tribute invite him to camp someday and mention it lol.

or do what Philly did this past draft and make the first pick in their honor..

Barely anybody knows they did it in tribute because there was no real mention of it.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I haven't really looked at RHP much so I don't know him well but people have been comparing him to Gallagher.

Is he really comparable to him offensively or is it only a comparison about the energy he brings?

Is he more comparable to Steve Bégin?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I haven't really looked at RHP much so I don't know him well but people have been comparing him to Gallagher.

Is he really comparable to him offensively or is it only a comparison about the energy he brings?

Mostly the latter, it's more of a size/style comparison thing. I don't think anyone expects him to be a big point producer if he ever makes it, although he did put up decent numbers as a rookie in the AHL.

Jul 6, 2016

Somewhere in between. Could become an effective 3rd line winger

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

He's known to me as having the greatest nickname ever.

Good ol lavallagher

Reactions: Redux91

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

He's more Bégin then Gally, he doesn't have Gally's hand around the net

Reactions: bryan1966

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Big 1st game ! Someone compare him to Max Talbot in the GDT and I actually like that comparaison, would be great if he can become that type of player.

Reactions: Redux91

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Big 1st game ! Someone compare him to Max Talbot in the GDT and I actually like that comparaison, would be great if he can become that type of player.
I liked his game too. He playing at 100% every shift and he is a good puck retriever. He can become a good 4/3th line guy in the nhl imo

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I wonder if the new management will like him as much as MB did... I hope they give him a shot... he's feisty

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wonder if the new management will like him as much as MB did... I hope they give him a shot... he's feisty
With 38 points in his last 40 games, he's got to be next in line.

But maybe while there aren't too many injuries, he continues to blossom in Laval.
I said in preseason that he looks better than Matthieu Perreault as an energy 4th liner. Now that Perreault is clearly no longer part of the future, doesn't make much sense to play him over RHP, unless they think RHP can better develop by not interrupting what he's doing in Laval now with a call up.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
With 38 points in his last 40 games, he's got to be next in line.

But maybe while there aren't too many injuries, he continues to blossom in Laval.
I said in preseason that he looks better than Matthieu Perreault as an energy 4th liner. Now that Perreault is clearly no longer part of the future, doesn't make much sense to play him over RHP, unless they think RHP can better develop by not interrupting what he's doing in Laval now with a call up.
I personally wouldnt call him up now asides from maybe a few game stretch at the end of the season. Withh Laval in a playoff push he will be in more meaningful games there. He's playing well there, confidence is high and is getting big minutes.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I personally wouldnt call him up now asides from maybe a few game stretch at the end of the season. Withh Laval in a playoff push he will be in more meaningful games there. He's playing well there, confidence is high and is getting big minutes.

For sure! Lets think the other way around. What guys can we send down to help Laval.

Reactions: schwang26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad