Player Discussion Rafaël Harvey-Pinard

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Seems like a waste of time for him as what more can he learn in the Q since his main things are needing to improve on the physical aspects, adding mass, strength, speed, and improving skating from the little I saw of him.

But since I don't see him making Laval with his former teammate Teasdale, and since we don't have our own ECHL team so he would have to be loaned and we wouldn't have any say at all over his playing time then in case you might as well send him back to the Q as they should have a decent amount of extra bodies for Laval in Cox, Pelletier, Pezzetta, Waked, etc...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Seems like a waste of time for him as what more can he learn in the Q since his main things are needing to improve on the physical aspects, adding mass, strength, speed, and improving skating from the little I saw of him.

But since I don't see him making Laval with his former teammate Teasdale, and since we don't have our own ECHL team so he would have to be loaned and we wouldn't have any say at all over his playing time then in case you might as well send him back to the Q as they should have a decent amount of extra bodies for Laval in Cox, Pelletier, Pezzetta, Waked, etc...

He will be Capitaine of his hometown team. I’m sure he want to play in the Q him to.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Chicoutimi played their first preseason game today against Baie-Comeau. Chicoutimi lost 3-2 in the shootout but neither Houde nor RHP were in the line-up.

The last week or so, despite Habs' prospects' teams in preseason action, we haven't been able to get much of the prospects as none of them were in the line-up.

Romanov wasn't in the line-up for CSKA's last two games.

Ikonen wasn't in for KalPa.

Olofsson wasn't in for Skelleftea earlier this week.

I believe Khisamutdinov wasn't in for the last two games.

Even Ylönen wasn't in for the last game or two for Pelicans.

And today, neither Houde nor RHP.

I know it's camps and there are other players they're checking out. Just like the NHL. We just haven't had anything to sink our teeth in for the last week or so.

Chicoutimi is playing again against Baie-Comeau on Tuesday. Hopefully the two Habs' prospects will be in.

Chicoutimi will be really interesting to watch next year

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Chicoutimi is playing another preseason game against Baie-Comeau, but against, Houde and RHP are not in the line-up. They had made a lot of cuts after last preseason game. They still have about 12 rookies, who are in the line-up tonight. I'm betting they will announce more cuts tomorrow and then we'll get to see the Habs prospects.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Some people most notably Raphael Doucet (used to be play by play guy for the Rocket) think RHP might get an AHL or NHL contract and start with Laval, instead of going back to juniors

Says Bouchard like him a lot. Who know? I think they will want him back in the Q for one season. Maybe he get a chance to another championship

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If he doesn't return to Junior, I think the best case would be to sign him to a one year AHL contract and then sign him to his ELC.

Habs have his rights for another year, so no rush to sign him to an ELC right away. But because he's 20, if he signs his ELC right away, his contract won't slide, even if he goes back to Junior. Thus it would be better to sign him to an AHL deal for one year and then an ELC.

An AHL deal this year would also not count against the 50 limit.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Some people most notably Raphael Doucet (used to be play by play guy for the Rocket) think RHP might get an AHL or NHL contract and start with Laval, instead of going back to juniors

Says Bouchard like him a lot. Who know? I think they will want him back in the Q for one season. Maybe he get a chance to another championship

baring some trades or we lose some players to waivers, I just don't see the room for him. Maybe now that Teasdale is out but even then it's going to be crowded so I would think he would prefer the Sags to the ECHL.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Each time I see RHP play, he always find a way to have an impact on the game and he again did it yesterday ! I will never bet against him

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
small, not the quickest or best skater, that's a big hill to climb at the pro level. I'm sure he will rack up the points in the Q, but it will be very interesting to see how he would do in the AHL. I could see him being better then Alain who I wasn't too impressed with at all. But he'll have a few years to work on things and we'll see what happens.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
small, not the quickest or best skater, that's a big hill to climb at the pro level. I'm sure he will rack up the points in the Q, but it will be very interesting to see how he would do in the AHL. I could see him being better then Alain who I wasn't too impressed with at all. But he'll have a few years to work on things and we'll see what happens.

He’s a project that’s for sure but he has the attitude/character/Leadership you want in a young hockey player.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I wasn't unimpressed but he didn't necessarily stand out to me at least. I liked that he had a few chances and seemed to be in the danger areas. I'm not expecting more than a really good AHLer at this point but there could be more.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00