When is he expected to come back?
he did last night and nobody noticed

Anyways.. i just saw this on hockeydb and I'm confused

1705111799897.png

wat?

Reactions: 26Mats

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
No one said he was going to be either, the point was about drafting the french kid which I replied the Habs management will not feel that pressured having 2 young potential scorers in RHP and in Roy

I get what you are saying but I don't think that management consider RHP a current or future scorer. He is a stop gap solution that might be bottom line or 13th forward depth in the future. If they have an internal need to have french Canadian players represented in the top six then RHP will not on any level factor into their decision imo.

Reactions: MonkeyBusiness

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
RHP is as average as you can get. He's not in the same stratosphere in terms of talent as Roy and isn't a ''goal-scorer'' by any means.
For le "peuple" he is a goal scorer and good enough for management not to have to put so much pressure on drafting more francophones. That was just my point in one of the posters saying we will draft Maxim Masse, no we won't!

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So pretty big step back by RHP this year, is he a dime a dozen 4th liner à la Aube Kubel or injuries have hurt him big time? Very different player impact wise than last year. Of course he hasn't been handed same kind of opportunity as last year but as the so called Lavallagher and sparkplug, he should look good on any line. Colin White is definitely as vanilla as they come. Maybe with Dvorak coming back and us upgrading to Madagascar level type of Vanilla, he'll improve and be more visible.

Reactions: Habano

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
I still think he's been playing hurt ever since coming back from injury. Next season is make or break for him, I still believe he can be a bottom 6 player for us when we're trying to compete.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
He was also inconsistent at the AHL level. He caught fire during an injury crisis which allowed him to earn a bit more money like Rem Pitlick did. At the end of the day, he is a dime a dozen player.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
No way he’s back next year. He’s not even close to playing the same game as last year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's still better than:
Pezzetta
Ylonen
Pearson

Unless Habs sign a guy like Carrier, he'll be back for sure.

He'll be back for another year, there's not a whole lot of push coming right now.

Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Newhook
Roy-Dach-Caufield
Anderson-Dvorak-Gallagher
Armia-Evans

So there's still 2 spots left to fill out on the roster, maybe they add a UFA. But they'll still be mindful of the fact that they'll be trading Dvorak and Armia at some point.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
RHP better come ready to training camp, because IMO he will battling for his NHL job next season. With his contract, I don't believe he would get claimed off waivers as a training camp cut, and I could definitely see him being back in the AHL next season if a waiver exempt player beats him out.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
RHP better come ready to training camp, because IMO he will battling for his NHL job next season. With his contract, I don't believe he would get claimed off waivers as a training camp cut, and I could definitely see him being back in the AHL next season if a waiver exempt player beats him out.

...his name is Lavalagher for a reason, ya know!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We never gave Gallagher enough credit for his regimen and durability early in his career.
RHP does not have that low purchase or torso and is actually frail compared to what Gally was.
The fact is he has to play that Gally style to be effective but is likely spend a lot of time in the infirmary if he does.

Reactions: rahad

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He stinks, there's nothing here , no intangibles we have undiscovered. Laval bound

Reactions: Habs13

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Very disappointed by his season, good for him to have that 2nd year contract as he absolutely needs to bring it next training camp if he wants to stay in the show

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
Is he better than Alex Barre Bouley who was unclaimed many times this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad