Player Discussion Rafaël Harvey-Pinard

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Why does it still say prospect info on the title still? I don’t see him as one
You would think 14 goals in 34 games would be a sort of arrival to the NHL but we still have to go through the training camp process with him as he didn't gain a spot through training camp last year but made it near the end of the year thru injuries to others
But like I said he flourished incredibly, so hopefully training camp will be a formality for him this year with a great showing to cement his spot for good this year
By Oct 10 this should be retitled "player discussion"

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You would think 14 goals in 34 games would be a sort of arrival to the NHL but we still have to go through the training camp process with him as he didn't gain a spot through training camp last year but made it near the end of the year thru injuries to others
But like I said he flourished incredibly, so hopefully training camp will be a formality for him this year with a great showing to cement his spot for good this year
I really liked this kid, he took advantage of the teams injury status, and played great. He will be in the bottom six, more than likely and hopefully can pick up a few goals here and there..................that said, he could also get that spot with the Captain and Caufield, who knows...

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He's no longer a prospect he isn't even eligible for rookie of the year. Which basically means he's already arrived. I don't think if he sticks or not plays into it any longer. I've always thought the term prospect was a pre-graduate. :dunno:

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm not sure why people think this kid starts on the fourth line. My guess is he will be given every opportunity to NOT play on the fourth line during camp.

Reactions: Hickflyer

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
RHP's greatest asset to me was his ability to bring a spark to every line he played on. His coach loves him and always talked more about him taking care of the team than the production he was enjoying. His style of play won't be open to criticism from the discerning.

The lavallagher label was so fitting.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm not sure why people think this kid starts on the fourth line. My guess is he will be given every opportunity to NOT play on the fourth line during camp.
I think whichever winger plays opposite him will really benefit. If he gets in the top 9, I think that winger will be Anderson, Slaf, or Newhook. I suppose it could be Caufield.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Who does he replace?
While Dvo is out, he has to beat out Armia. When Dvo comes back he has to also beat out Gallagher.

If we're healthy by the time Dvo comes back, I hoping it's clear RHP and Slaf are better in the top 9 than Gallagher, and Gallagjer goes to the 4th line. Gallagher - Evan's- Ylonen/Armia/Pez could be a good 4th lone anyways.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I don't think he has to beat anyone. He made his place already.

Trading away Hoffman and Pitlick freed up spots for Ylonen and RHP.

Next on line are Andersson and Heineman (or Roy) or any training camp/ahl standout.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't think he has to beat anyone. He made his place already.

Trading away Hoffman and Pitlick freed up spots for Ylonen and RHP.

Next on line are Andersson and Heineman (or Roy) or any training camp/ahl standout.
RHP and Ylonen are in the top 14.

The questions now are: will RHP be in the top 9?And, will Ylonen be in the top 12?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This remains to be seen.

I don't think its a stretch to think RHP is above Ylonen, Evans, Armia, Pezzetta and Gallagher which would put him in the top 9.
With Dvo out, even if he's behind Gallagher, he could still be in the top 9.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
RHP is a lock to start in the top 9

Caufield, Suzuki, Monahan, Dach, Anderson, Newhook, and Slaf are the other locks.

With Dvo out, that leaves 1 spot in the top 9 for Gallagher/Roy/Heineman/Lias Anderson/Ylonen/Armia/Farrell/Pearson

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I really see him as a Byron/Gallagher mix. The iq is there, the hussle is there, the toolbox is good and the maturity/seriousness is there. He can process the pace and the good habits make it look easy.

He can replace in the top 6 but the objective is to have a top 6 strong enough to push him back on the 3rd. I could see a 3rd line of RHP, Beck, Heineman/Ylonen (if he pans out) at some point.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I love RHP and he can be a Swiss Army type of player, playing up and down the line up but if everyone is healthy - his place is on the 4th line on a line with Evans and Armia.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Love that Marty tried him on the first line yesterday, imo he's our best option right now. Already has chemistry with Suzy and it showed many times like the 2 on 1 pass and some plays deep in the zone. He's our best player to screen tip and disrupt while Suzy and Caufield buzz around.

He has what it takes to have a prime Gallagher impact on a first line while being much better at passing the puck.

Give him the first 10 games and see what happens.

Reactions: PeteWorrell

Jul 6, 2016
Came back to Earth. Good bottom-6 guy, lacks size though.
The loss of Dach and the injury to Dvorak have forced MSL to put some players in the wrong "chairs". RHP is one of them.

I love RHP and he can be a Swiss Army type of player, playing up and down the line up but if everyone is healthy - his place is on the 4th line on a line with Evans and Armia.
Are they gonna play him soon .... or are they just waiting for some miracle that some other teams will trade for him and his huge contract ?

Reactions: Vachon23

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He has a good hockey sense but so far he's not a point-producing machine. Hopefully he contributes more than that. Maybe he's missing his buddy Belzille? lol

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What happened to our boy HP?

He has a golden opportunity to establish himself as a core player

Hot streaks happen all the time, he needs to find a way to carve out a role for himself because it won't be in the top 6 outside of occassional spot duty.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
What happened to our boy HP?

He has a golden opportunity to establish himself as a core player
This is a lot closer to what he actually is as a pro player. The first line performances late last season were due to a lot of factors that won't always be there. At his core he's a jack of all trade bottom 6 guy and it's pretty much what he's been doing .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad