Radulov borrows Jersey from Stars Fan and wears it for Pre-Season Game

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Why are you so concerned with the legitimacy of this? You are simply bringing more attention to it, and if it's not real (I think it is), aren't you hurting your case by constantly talking about it?

I don't like lies. I'm not worried about drawing attention to it. Dallas needs the help.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Sorry, but why is this dumb? It's well documented that teams carry extras of everything including jerseys.

You only need to go through Dana Heinze's Twitter to see what kind of prep work the equipment staff goes through before every road trip.

The issue might have been that they carry exact duplicates as extras and the size was the issue. Rather than re-arrange deck chairs I guess they thought it made sense to see if a fan has a jersey one size larger.

I find it weird that anyone considers this a PR stunt. It's a cool story but it also kind of reflects poorly on the Stars equipment staff. Could you imagine if they forgot to bring pucks to practice so they went around asking the bystanders if anyone brought a puck? The fact that they had to ask a fan must have been a little embarrassing.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Chose to and had to are two different things. Myself i would never pay that amount for a game worn jersey no matter who it was from.
Maybe like, if it were worn by Wayne Gretzky on the night he scored his 50 in 39, or Mario Lemieux on the night he returned from cancer or something. With some sort of undeniable indicator that it was the same jersey...

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Chose to and had to are two different things. Myself i would never pay that amount for a game worn jersey no matter who it was from.

Its all relative I suppose. If you can't afford it then you can't afford just like a luxury car, its a luxury item.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Maybe like, if it were worn by Wayne Gretzky on the night he scored his 50 in 39, or Mario Lemieux on the night he returned from cancer or something. With some sort of undeniable indicator that it was the same jersey...

As a jersey collector I can tell you the Gretzky would cost no less than 20 thousand

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Someone lend me their grandma, mine is severely wrinkled.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
I went to the first Leafs Fanfest and they were selling all kinds of game worn equipment/jerseys for thousands of dollars.
Leafs......... Fans............Fest

giphy.gif

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
"Severely wrinkled".

Sounds like Marian Hossa would start to molder if he was wearing it.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I don't like lies. I'm not worried about drawing attention to it. Dallas needs the help.

But mostly everything in life is a lie. We lie to ourselves, we convince ourselves of things that don't make sense. Companies lie, banks lie, partners lie. You will be miserable in life if you can't compromise and just accept the fact that lies are the standard norm in living in a civilized society.

PS: I like you

Reactions: Cellee

Hiisi

Sep 20, 2018
Hm.. A nice story.. A tremendously happy fan.. No harm done to anyone. HFB hates it.

Come on guys..

Reactions: Kcb12345

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
So now you admit you don't believe it. Before you tried to suggest you never said the story was untrue. That's technically correct, but totally disingenuous if you do hold that belief.

For some people, more than NHL players themselves, hockey is LIFE. (including preseason shenanigans).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad