Radulov borrows Jersey from Stars Fan and wears it for Pre-Season Game

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
I like how people are dumb enough to say that this is fake when there is photo evidence.

I also like how people are dumb enough to say get one from the team store when the game was played in Tulsa.

I also like how people are dumb enough to say why doesn't the team have extras.

Clearly lots of clueless, uneducated people in this thread.
I think people are saying it’s ‘fake’ in that it was a PR setup by the Stars. Radulov obviously wore the jersey in game.

Reactions: Cellee

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I like how people are dumb enough to say that this is fake when there is photo evidence.

I also like how people are dumb enough to say get one from the team store when the game was played in Tulsa.

I also like how people are dumb enough to say why doesn't the team have extras.

Clearly lots of clueless, uneducated people in this thread.

Sorry, but why is this dumb? It's well documented that teams carry extras of everything including jerseys.

You only need to go through Dana Heinze's Twitter to see what kind of prep work the equipment staff goes through before every road trip.

Reactions: jetsforever

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
That's a crazy story :amazed: - now Fanatics can market their replicas as game-quality :laugh:

Sorry, but why is this dumb? It's well documented that teams carry extras of everything including jerseys.

You only need to go through Dana Heinze's Twitter to see what kind of prep work the equipment staff goes through before every road trip.

I was thinking about that as well - maybe they don't bother with backups for the preseason?

Reactions: Nicole Auryn

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Because it is preseason and teams fly out on the same day as the game. Bare minimum is packed.

Reactions: Nicole Auryn

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Because it is preseason and teams fly out on the same day as the game. Bare minimum is packed.

Super lucky a Radulov jersey that was not "severely wrinkly", big enough to fit over pads was sitting second row.

Thank God, or Radulov would of had to continue in this relatively meaningless preseason hockey game enduring this "severely wrinkly" jersey.

Thankfully a fairly big name player gets dealt this "severley wrinkly" tough hand. Could you imagine a bubble player getting the unlucky "severely wrinkly" jersey.

Just all worked out great. Thank Zeus. No reason for skepticism at all.

Last edited:

Nicole Auryn

Sep 24, 2018
That's a crazy story :amazed: - now Fanatics can market their replicas as game-quality :laugh:

I was thinking about that as well - maybe they don't bother with backups for the preseason?

It actually held up pretty well. Two periods plus OT. He was getting pulled, checked, etc. The jersey was only a bit tattered, no rips, but very very sweaty lol

Reactions: jetsforever

Nicole Auryn

Sep 24, 2018
Honestly, who drops an "I bought him a Fanatics jersey" type comment?

All very skeptical eyes to the organic nature of this story.

I dunno, I didn’t know any better was the point. I thought I was ordering him an adidas one, I didn’t realize. I’m kinda new to it all, so I went to the site thinking I was getting some Black Friday deal, I thought it was “real”. When he opened it for Christmas he explained what fanatics was.... and how I needed to buy one at the arena etc etc. oops

Reactions: tmurfin

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Super lucky a Radulov jersey that was not "severely wrinkly", big enough to fit over pads was sitting second row.

Thank God, or Radulov would of had to continue in this relatively meaningless preseason hockey game enduring this "severely wrinkly" jersey.

Thankfully a fairly big name player did not get dealt this "severley wrinkly" tough hand. Could you imagine a bubble player getting the unlucky "severely wrinkly" jersey.

You must be great at parties. Give it up friend, it happened, it’s a good story, I’m sure the Stars PR really went out of their way to concoct this ruse, “oh!! And let’s make it a Fanatic jersey so it looks real!!”

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
You must be great at parties. Give it up friend, it happened, it’s a good story, I’m sure the Stars PR really went out of their way to concoct this ruse, “oh!! And let’s make it a Fanatic jersey so it looks real!!”
I didn't say it didn't happen.

Not one time.

Reactions: tmurfin

Nicole Auryn

Sep 24, 2018
The team asked for the jersey and you and your boyfriend worried about a fine?

Well, after the game, in the car driving late at night was the thought “I wonder if their would be trouble wearing a nonsanctioned jersey?” and then it passed. More worried for the equipment manager. I’m sure Radulov didn’t care, but he did seem to care about his busted up wrinkled original jersey.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Well, after the game, in the car driving late at night was the thought “I wonder if their would be trouble wearing a nonsanctioned jersey?” and then it passed. More worried for the equipment manager. I’m sure Radulov didn’t care, but he did seem to care about his busted up wrinkled original jersey.
So " you" thought the best way to make sure it didn't happen was to blast it over social media?

Nicole Auryn

Sep 24, 2018
So " you" thought the best way to make sure it didn't happen was to blast it over social media?

YUP! YA GOT ME!
I posted to FB and IG, boyfriend posted on FB. It was exciting. Man that guy is right, you are quite the buzz killington.
Look, if they were REAL worried about it, they wouldn’t have asked. It was just a moment we wondered. It happened, Levi let them borrow the jersey. Neither of us posted it to this forum, nor to SI, others did. Whatever.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Weird. I guess it's cool, but how could they not have a jersey on hand for Radulov? Kind of gross.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Thankfully a fairly big name player gets dealt this "severley wrinkly" tough hand. Could you imagine a bubble player getting the unlucky "severely wrinkly" jersey.

9/11 was a government hoax right?

Reactions: SlimCharles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad