Radulov borrows Jersey from Stars Fan and wears it for Pre-Season Game

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This happens all the time, a few years ago a Kings employee approached me during the 2nd intermission about Brayden McNabb borrowing my jock strap after Bobby Ryan juked him out of his.

A likely story...

but...
tumblr_mrde3llbtp1s9kboko1_500.gif

How does a man with no hands deke a top pairing defenseman?

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm pretty sure Rads could have gotten a different jersey from the locker room, but why not use the opportunity to give a fan a memory of a lifetime?

Good stuff.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Pretty sure you'd find people who pay extra for jerseys smelling like the player :P

I went to the first Leafs Fanfest and they were selling all kinds of game worn equipment/jerseys for thousands of dollars.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I like how people are dumb enough to say that this is fake when there is photo evidence.

I also like how people are dumb enough to say get one from the team store when the game was played in Tulsa.

I also like how people are dumb enough to say why doesn't the team have extras.

Clearly lots of clueless, uneducated people in this thread.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Lol @ all the doubters ITT. :eyeroll:

Cool story, seems like the fan is 100% cool with it...as long as the GF doesn't mind her gift turning into a sweaty/smelly wall ornament then sounds like a happy ending for all involved.

Nicole Auryn

Sep 24, 2018
Levi Patton’s Facebook is public, he’s got the whole story here. Exhibition Game in Tulsa, Dallas Stars v Florida Panthers. Why did Radulov not bring a second jersey? Not sure. Were there fanatic jerseys on sale in XL at the Bok Center? Also not sure. We were in the second row, right in between/behind the benches. A guy came out and asked Levi what size his jersey was. I gave him this jersey for Christmas last year (before I realized I meant to give him an adidas one but I’m kind of a noob) and they asked for it. Radulov wore it for two periods. We have a few shots and video. Can see fanatics patch, missing adidas logo, scoop/curves bottom of the jersey, etc ‍♀️

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Don't the rookies know that they are supposed to iron the jerseys before every game? Not surprised Radulov was too embarrassed to wear something that looked like it was right out of the dryer.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I like how people are dumb enough to say that this is fake when there is photo evidence.

I also like how people are dumb enough to say get one from the team store when the game was played in Tulsa.

I also like how people are dumb enough to say why doesn't the team have extras.

Clearly lots of clueless, uneducated people in this thread.
I like how people are dumb enough to believe it without any skepticism.

How naive.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
This happened once before, years ago, in Calgary.

Theo Fleury was in the penalty box and his jersey was bloodied and torn he was not going to be able to go back on the ice. The training staff was scrambling to get a new jersey ready for him, but in order for him to go back on the ice right when his penalty ended a fan, sitting behind the box, took off his jersey and threw it over the glass where Fleury put it on. He was about to take the ice in the fans sweater when he realized the jersey was covered in autographs. He took off the sweater and returned it to the fan.

Interestingly, the jersey that was readied by the training staff was not a #14 sweater, so Fleury became the first player in NHL history to play a game wearing two different sweater numbers. A few years later, Martin Rucinsky, while with the Rangers, also played a game with two different sweater numbers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad