Radko Gudas hit on Vesey

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't get how Vesey can say he wasn't expecting a big hit. He must have seen Gudas closing in to check him. I agree with the no suspension call. Players can't be turning their backs when guys are closing in on them and are committed to the hit. There's no time to react to the player who has turned his back.

If Radko Gudas is anywhere near you, and you have the puck, you should expect to be hit.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Typed it in to Youtube, got this result-

Youtube, "Islanders jump Rangers..."

It was April 15, 1990 when Randy Wood kneed Turcotte...will find it tomorrow.

Crap has gone on for years, and it was usually from one side.

ClutterBukBOY lives in a very large glass house...

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Lafontaine was knocked out by a hit from James Patrick earlier in the gam.

Patrick was the softest players in his years with NY. It was a just an unfortunate play.

Classless...always...

BTW, Bloomberg was a mormon who wouldn't fight.

islesmb

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2007
Myrtle Beach, SC (from Bellmore)
Lafontaine was knocked out by a hit from James Patrick earlier in the gam.

Patrick was the softest players in his years with NY. It was a just an unfortunate play.

Classless...always...

BTW, Bloomberg was a mormon who wouldn't fight.

You are right, Ranger fans are classless.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/columns/story?id=1651697&columnist=kelley_jim

For New York Rangers fans, well, we'd like to think it was something other than the night they attempted to tip over the ambulance in Madison Square Garden while LaFontaine, trying to get to the hospital because of a blow to the head,

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
If Radko Gudas is anywhere near you, and you have the puck, you should expect to be hit.

Exactly. You should be aware of this and not turn your back at the last second. I can't fault Gudas for going for the hit. Glad Vesey is not hurt.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Classy. It's pre-season and drilled him right in the numbers.

You a rangers fan?
Tell your soft player to stay out of the NHL...

1)Gudas went in and would have been shoulder to shoulder with him..
2)Vesey sees him and turns
3)Gudas continues to drill him in the numbers and pawn it off...

Both are wrong. But seriously.. You have to have awareness of who you're going up against.
Super soft on Vesey

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
If you can't figure out why there are such posts on a borderline hit from Gudas, I can't help you
There are borderline hits almost every night in the NHL that don't result in 500 post threads. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Sean Avery was never suspended for an on ice incident in a 12 year NHL career. Must be a great guy and a consummate professional.

I don't remember Sean Avery ever being labeled a goon. Also, suspensions were not handed down nearly as easily then as they are now. He got away with a lot of stuff that would result in suspensions today.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
With there being no suspension and the discussion diverting to a pissing match between Rangers and Flyers fans, this topic has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad