Radko Gudas hit on Vesey

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Children should feel absolutely free to suddenly run into the street wherever they would like to. If they get hit, it's the drivers fault.

If a child runs into the street and the driver can stop but keeps going because "they shouldn't be doing that" they would be heading to jail for a looong time.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
If a child runs into the street and the driver can stop but keeps going because "they shouldn't be doing that" they would be heading to jail for a looong time.

Fine, but don't give the guy who couldn't stop a hard time for saying "they shouldn't be doing that". Because he's right, they shouldn't.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If you can't figure out why there are such posts on a borderline hit from Gudas, I can't help you

His ratio of hits to borderline hits probably isn't all that bad. The guy throws way more hits than just about anybody, and he hits harder than just about anybody. But, for all the hits he throws, the amount of times he actually does something illegal is pretty impressively small.

In this situation, for instance, if Vesey makes that move against anybody else, chances aren't great he's going to get hit. That's not because other players are more gentlemanly; it's because other players aren't nearly as likely to be already in the process of smoking you.

If you make yourself vulnerable against Gudas, you might get hurt. It's not because he's dirty. It's because he's constantly about to hit you.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Zero suspension, as stated rookie being dumb and caused the incident. Moving on

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
His ratio of hits to borderline hits probably isn't all that bad. The guy throws way more hits than just about anybody, and he hits harder than just about anybody. But, for all the hits he throws, the amount of times he actually does something illegal is pretty impressively small.

In this situation, for instance, if Vesey makes that move against anybody else, chances aren't great he's going to get hit. That's not because other players are more gentlemanly; it's because other players aren't nearly as likely to be already in the process of smoking you.

If you make yourself vulnerable against Gudas, you might get hurt. It's not because he's dirty. It's because he's constantly about to hit you.

Matt Martin and Cal Clutterbuck consistently lead the league in hits and don't throw nearly as many borderline hits as Gudas. I don't buy your argument

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Broadway theatrics from the Rangers fans and its not even the regular season yet. Do you guys ever get tired of being S-A-W-F-T SAWWWWWWWFT!!! Enzo and Big Cass would be ashamed of you. :laugh:

I still hate WWE though. :laugh:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
https://www.nhl.com/news/department-of-player-safety-faqs/c-738846

According to a statement from the department to CSNPhilly.com: “Gudas does not have time to adjust or avoid the hit once Vesey turns.”

“We both made the wrong decision,” Gudas said on Tuesday. “I’m glad he is all right. That’s hockey ... It’s tough to take it back. It happened really fast.

“I’m committed to the hit and even when he is turning, it’s tough to stop. I thought he saw me. Nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully, it won’t happen again.”
As for Vesey’s version …

“I didn’t expect that big of a hit, and the next thing I knew I was face first into the glass,” Vesey said. “I wasn’t expecting it, and got caught off guard a little bit.”

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
I agree with this.

My point is, that it's ****ing Gudas. He's the biggest piece of **** in the league.

It's silly to pet a vicious dog. Doesn't mean the dog isn't an ******* for ripping your ****ing arm off.
[MOD] Vessey wants extra protection to not take a hit? Wait til chimera gets a hold of him next thursday. Good luck.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Broadway theatrics from the Rangers fans and its not even the regular season yet. Do you guys ever get tired of being S-A-W-F-T SAWWWWWWWFT!!! Enzo and Big Cass would be ashamed of you. :laugh:

I still hate WWE though. :laugh:

Insufferable. This should be the season they drop like a ton of bricks. Nothing in terms of young talent that actually compares to the flyers isles pens etc. its ovaaaaaaa for them.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Meh. It's a hit from behind, right into the numbers. But on the other hand, Vesey also turned right prior to the impact.

Technically, he was ineligible to be hit because of that. And I reckon Gudas finishing him off should be a 2-minute minor, not a major but a penalty nevertheless.

Practically, Vesey hopefully learned that this is not the smart way to go about things in the NHL. Some players will finish the check, regardless of whether you'll be eligible or not. And that PP for your team won't be much use when you spend next 6 months on IR.

Overall, just a stupid situation all around. Vesey did something a hockey player shouldn't do, and Gudas punished him for it. Both of them were wrong in this case.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Meh. It's a hit from behind, right into the numbers. But on the other hand, Vesey also turned right prior to the impact.

Technically, he was ineligible to be hit because of that. And I reckon Gudas finishing him off should be a 2-minute minor, not a major but a penalty nevertheless.

Practically, Vesey hopefully learned that this is not the smart way to go about things in the NHL. Some players will finish the check, regardless of whether you'll be eligible or not. And that PP for your team won't be much use when you spend next 6 months on IR.

Overall, just a stupid situation all around. Vesey did something a hockey player shouldn't do, and Gudas punished him for it. Both of them were wrong in this case.

I think that's what the refs wanted to give him, but since he suffered an injury to the head/face, they had to give him a major.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
This wasn't an over the top, predatory cheap shot. He was going for a big check, and Vesey turned into it.

This is the kind of hit that at real speed, if it happened to a player on my time, I'd be livid. But after watching the replay a few times I'd cool down and say "Player X, shouldn't be doing that in these here parts."

I'm also not giving Gudas a pass in the future for when he inevitably does something stupid. I just don't believe that this was on him, that's all.

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Insufferable. This should be the season they drop like a ton of bricks. Nothing in terms of young talent that actually compares to the flyers isles pens etc. its ovaaaaaaa for them.

Man, your posts are very amusing.

I never know if you are serious or being facetious.

The Islanders were literally a laughingstock of the League for over 20 years. 20!!! To make comments on ANY team other than your own is pretty ballsy.

And yes, the Rangers don't have the prospects that the other teams you mentioned. They were busy TRYING to win every year....actually giving their fans something to cheer about other than your team's rankings on the Prospect's Boards and rooting for a season of tanking.

We just live in different worlds.

Just like you guys purposely losing to Flyers late last year to avoid the Penguins in the first round. Couldn't believe I actually watched that...

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
This. Vesey looks Gudas in the eye and proceeds to turn. Gudas still needs to know better in those situations.

What ? This is a split second decision and if he lets the guy go he looks like a pylon. Nope, this isn't a dirty hit, the other guy turned and he needed to brace for the hit instead of putting himself in a dangerous position. Hitting has it's place in hockey, this isn't soccer.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I hate the Flyers and i hate Gudas but this is all on Vesey I wish the NHL would impose a penalty to players who turn there back to incoming players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad