Race to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
It shouldn't be closed until we are mathematically eliminated

With over 25 games left we are getting close to being mathematically eliminated. I'm not a mathematician but I'm sure the odds after tonight are almost infinitesimal. With Capuano as the coach we have no chance.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
With over 25 games left we are getting close to being mathematically eliminated. I'm not a mathematician but I'm sure the odds after tonight are almost infinitesimal. With Capuano as the coach we have no chance.

If we lose 7 more there is mathmatically no chance.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

I try to be as positive as possible around here, but even I changed that post after making it. We will give this till the end of the week as a barometer.

But I know you guys, they go on a streak after the Olympics and this thread will be asked to be reopened :)

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
I try to be as positive as possible around here, but even I changed that post after making it. We will give this till the end of the week as a barometer.

But I know you guys, they go on a streak after the Olympics and this thread will be asked to be reopened :)

Nice too have you onboard as a mod. :handclap: Sorry if I missed the appreciation thread before.

CLUTTERSTACHE*

Last year was so fun. This year we just get teased and it's all a bunch of false hope for playoffs. It's not happening.

Good news is we grow another year and it's quite obvious what Snow NEEDS to f'ing to THIS time.
- Coach (Wish we had Ted Nolan)
- Goalie
- VETERAN LEADERSHIP (SO IMPORTANT). We have NONE.
- Replace AMac
- Resign Vanek

It's not even difficult. Once these are assessed we can go deep in the playoffs. No doubt. WAKE UP SNOW.

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
Last year was so fun. This year we just get teased and it's all a bunch of false hope for playoffs. It's not happening.

Good news is we grow another year and it's quite obvious what Snow NEEDS to f'ing to THIS time.
- Coach (Wish we had Ted Nolan)
- Goalie
- VETERAN LEADERSHIP (SO IMPORTANT). We have NONE.
- Replace AMac
- Resign Vanek

It's not even difficult. Once these are assessed we can go deep in the playoffs. No doubt. WAKE UP SNOW.

Add defense to that list.

It's sad....that list basically says Snow needs to fix the team by providing a team.

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
Don't think it's really fair to shutdown the thread...Strome18 is the only who has to put any work into it (which he does very well and frequently) and other than that, as long as the Isles still are breathing, albeit close to death, their chances at the playoffs are still there.

Groin Of Bates

Jan 11, 2007
Don't think it's really fair to shutdown the thread...Strome18 is the only who has to put any work into it (which he does very well and frequently) and other than that, as long as the Isles still are breathing, albeit close to death, their chances at the playoffs are still there.

I dont think anyone is saying that they dont appreciate Strome18's work. But, I do agree that this thread is more or less pointless at this point. They dropped 4 straight.

pjoner

Nov 30, 2005
as per sportsclubstats the chance of making the playoffs at this point are .8, lets stick a fork in it

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
as per sportsclubstats the chance of making the playoffs at this point are .8, lets stick a fork in it

a-chance.gif

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Welp, this thread has no use, truly disappointing, especially after last year. This is what happens when Snow doesn't do a damn thing in the offseason. Please just sign Vanek.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Not looking forward to the rest of the season tickets I have for this year. What a complete and utter fail by management after a seemingly breakthrough season.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida

Thanks for the appreciation.

:5::cheers:

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Not looking forward to the rest of the season tickets I have for this year. What a complete and utter fail by management after a seemingly breakthrough season.

i would say you are a great fan, so dont take this the wrong way or as a smack in the face, that is not how it is intended....but i truly dont get why people buy season tickets when you can get tickets for 10 bucks on stubhub whenever you wanna go

but yea, we can keep this thread open until they are eliminated....but even as one of the more optimistic fans who is looking for reasons to be excited about this team......we are done....time to ship off AMAC, Nabby, Vis (if someone offers something good and he waives his NMC).....in addition, offer vanek your best deal....if he doesnt wanna sign, then ship him to the highest bidder

DeanCrandall

Jan 29, 2013
This thread needs to be moved to 2014-15, it is over, annoying to actually see a thread mentioning playoffs, like rubbing salt in an open wound. We don't need to be reminded of "mathematical" probabilities.

Injuries to our already questionable positions at goaltending and defence and no reaction by management proves this season was never about making the playoffs. It was more like here is what we have, let's hope for the best.

Wedregast

Mar 26, 2009
I was one of the optimistic ones, but losing division games (like we've been doing most of the season) kills our chances. Last nights game pretty much destroyed the chance we had to claw our way back into playoffs.

Mathematically we are still alive, and I hope we go on a tear for the rest of the season. But at this point, the climb is probably too steep, and we don't have enough division games to play to make up the difference.

I'll still watch the games, cheer the Islanders on and hope we resign Vanek (not much hope if we can't make playoffs), and for next season sign a starting goalie and two decent defensemen.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Might as well sticky this for next year. This season is over. Thanks Snow. Thanks wang. Two *******s.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
i would say you are a great fan, so dont take this the wrong way or as a smack in the face, that is not how it is intended....but i truly dont get why people buy season tickets when you can get tickets for 10 bucks on stubhub whenever you wanna go

but yea, we can keep this thread open until they are eliminated....but even as one of the more optimistic fans who is looking for reasons to be excited about this team......we are done....time to ship off AMAC, Nabby, Vis (if someone offers something good and he waives his NMC).....in addition, offer vanek your best deal....if he doesnt wanna sign, then ship him to the highest bidder

Thanks, and Great point! For a couple of years prior I did the Stub Hub thing to great effect. The only reason I went full blown season tickets was that last year during the playoff push the NYI offered a great deal where you got the first round of the playoffs free if they made it (which turned out to be a good gamble) and would also get the first round free in any remaining season at Nassau (Looks like a no this year)

The offer was contingent upon locking into the last 2 seasons at Nassau which was a splurge I was willing to make since they are leaving soon.

I also thought at that point in the rebuild last year it was only onward and upward! (Oops)

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Thanks, and Great point! For a couple of years prior I did the Stub Hub thing to great effect. The only reason I went full blown season tickets was that last year during the playoff push the NYI offered a great deal where you got the first round of the playoffs free if they made it (which turned out to be a good gamble) and would also get the first round free in any remaining season at Nassau (Looks like a no this year)

The offer was contingent upon locking into the last 2 seasons at Nassau which was a splurge I was willing to make since they are leaving soon.

I also thought at that point in the rebuild last year it was only onward and upward! (Oops)

I was right there last summer, coming off the playoffs, my buddies and I were all talking about splitting some STH tickets. The only thing that held me back was the complete inaction of Wang/Snow in the free agent market. We really needed a goalie and at least one other serious free agent, defense or forward. When that didn't happen I took more of a wait and see approach. Will do the same thing this summer, no significant free agents, no STH plan for me. We get real legit signings this summer, I will be in because I really do feel with a 2-3 players away from being a legit strong team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad