GDT: R2G4: Avs & Stars - Back on the Throne - 4PM

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Why settle it for Makar if he’s there a second later? Makar has the better stick to settle the puck anyway. It makes no sense for Frankie to be in the way, settling the puck for Makar. That’s how mistakes happen, when you try to do too much and you are in the way. Goalies will take that time when they have more than 1 sec, like 2-3, that’s just a fact. Otherwise they should get out of the way and be in front of the net.

I really don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this, but I'll just point out we've gone from questioning whether Frank had the time, to questioning whether he should take the time to settle it.

The 2-3 second thing is an arbitrary number. One second was plenty of time, and as I pointed out, the Stars were changing, and if Frank wanted to take 2-3 seconds while Makar stood there and waited, he had the time to do so.

The better question to me is why didn't he take the time? That's not doing too much. That's a routine play by a goalie.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If that was a criminal case, who gets the longer jail time...

Makar
Francouz

Vote now!

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I really don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this, but I'll just point out we've gone from questioning whether Frank had the time, to questioning whether he should take the time to settle it.

The 2-3 second thing is an arbitrary number. One second was plenty of time, and as I pointed out, the Stars were changing, and if Frank wanted to take 2-3 seconds while Makar stood there and waited, he had the time to do so.

The better question to me is why didn't he take the time? That's not doing too much. That's a routine play by a goalie.
He didn’t take the time because Makar was there. You settle the puck for a player that is not there, simple as that. Why should he serve Makar like the Queen of England???

The bottom line is that your stance of Frankie being more to blame than Makar does not hold water. Makar would tell you that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He didn’t take the time because Makar was there. You settle the puck for a player that is not there, simple as that. Why should he serve Makar like the Queen of England???

The bottom line is that your stance of Frankie being more to blame than Makar does not hold water. Makar would tell you that.

I don't know why we need the hyperbole, but again Makar was not there. He wasn't rushing in like you said earlier, and goalies take an extra second to settle the puck for their teammates all the time. I'm not sure why we're even debating that.

Makar would never say Franky is to blame there even if he grabbed the puck and threw it in his own net.

I'm done with this though, we both said our piece.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I don't know why we need the hyperbole, but again Makar was not there. He wasn't rushing in like you said earlier, and goalies take an extra second to settle the puck for their teammates all the time. I'm not sure why we're even debating that.

Makar would never say Franky is to blame there even if he grabbed the puck and threw it in his own net.

I'm done with this though, we both said our piece.
You are being quite stubborn with your irrational stance and grasping at straws. That goal is on Makar and everyone knows that. Nobody is going to say in 10 years, look at that Francouz blunder. I understand that Frank is an easy target for his poor play but he does not need to be blamed for everything.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You are being quite stubborn with your irrational stance and grasping at straws. That goal is on Makar and everyone knows that. Nobody is going to say in 10 years, look at that Francouz blunder. I understand that Frank is an easy target for his poor play but he does not need to be blamed for everything.

I've acknowledged Makar should have looked down at the puck and is also to blame.

The only one being stubborn here is you refusing to put any blame on Frank, and going lightyears away to make very poor excuses for why he didn't have time to settle the puck. It's a routine play and you should know that.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I've acknowledged Makar should have looked down at the puck and is also to blame.

The only one being stubborn here is you refusing to put any blame on Frank, and going lightyears away to make very poor excuses for why he didn't have time to settle the puck. It's a routine play and you should know that.
No way Frank is more to blame. Who was holding Makar’s stick? Makar or Frank?

God damn Makar is the last to touch the puck, obviously he’s more to blame.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00