GDT: R2G2: Colorado Avalanche vs Dallas Stars (9:45 ET - 7:45 MT)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Last night was mental mistakes, bad goaltending and bad luck for sure I mean Radulov will never score a goal like that ever again most likely and if Mackinnon doesnt hit the post on that PP its a tie game so thats bad luck.

I think they are mentally fragile still for watever reason. Its hard for any team to get over the loss of their number 1 and top defender but other teams have done it. Hell Dallas is doing that to an extent with Bishop and Johns out. It could still be their youth thats showing but I think its a little more than that. Maybe they are intimidated? Dallas seemed to do whatever they wanted to them in the physical department with little to no push back aside from Kadri and Landeskog. Mackinnon got speared and not a single person gave Pavelski the stink eye. Dickinson pushes Makar around and gets in his face and nobody so much as went up to Dickinson and had words.

I see that concern. Especially given how they looked like they lost a ton of confidence in the third period after that 4 goal swing. They seemed resigned to losing. That's why regaining their swagger is so important.

That said, I'd like to see how they respond in game 3. We've seen teams kind of pack it in like that before and come back to win series. We've also seen this team face a lot of adversity with injuries this year, and have it not seem to phase them at all.

There was no quit in this team pretty much all year up until that third period. Hopefully it's an outlier moment, but we'll see.

That four goal swing, with the bad penalties called, the questionable goal, and the flukey goal is an awful tough pill to swallow in such a short period of time within one period. We might be underestimating how much of a gut punch that was. Doesn't excuse having a weak third period though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad