GDT: R2G2: Colorado Avalanche vs Dallas Stars (9:45 ET - 7:45 MT)

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
upload_2020-8-24_10-57-19.png

upload_2020-8-24_11-5-17.png

upload_2020-8-24_11-12-42.png

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I missed a good chunk of the last game unfortunately, how did we look and more specifically how did Franky look?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs need to come out with some desperation tonight. I don't think they'll be able to come back from being down 0-2.

Oh, and if someone tries to run Frankie they need to get their head bashed in.

Last edited:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Avs need to come out with some desperation tonight. I don't think they'll be able to come back from being down 0-2.
Anything but a convincing win tonight and it's going to become very worrying.

Reactions: Avs

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I feel pretty good about there ability to bounce back tonight - feels a little like going in Game 4 vs the Yotes. Of course I felt good about Game 1 too.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Anything but a convincing win tonight and it's going to become very worrying.

I think we have to consider that Johnson and Grubauer going down were actually huge turning points. Not giving anyone a pass, but having your 3D go down, and your backup coming in cold didn't help.

Avs will probably roll 7 D tonight, so I expect a surprise scratch, maybe Nichushkin if Calvert is healthy.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Burakovsky - Kadri - Donskoi
Nieto - Bellamare - Calvert
Jost/Nichushkin - Compher

Graves - Makar
Girard - Cole
Z - Timmins/Barbs
Connauton

Francouz

Reactions: mk80

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I missed a good chunk of the last game unfortunately, how did we look and more specifically how did Franky look?

We were really bad, had a hard time to get the puck out of our zone and we struggle to keep the puck in the O zone.
Franky looked fine, will be better tonight.

For tonight and the rest of this series I'm not worried, I know we will bounce back and play better, Dallas were the better Team G1 because we played like shit. There is no way we will be as bad as we were and we should play a better game tonight, If we play better but lose and we are down 0-2, we should not overreact.

I know Barbs or C will probably take EJ's spot but I would like to see BB or Timmins.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
We were really bad, had a hard time to get the puck out of our zone and we struggle to keep the puck in the O zone.
Franky looked fine, will be better tonight.

For tonight and the rest of this series I'm not worried, I know we will bounce back and play better, Dallas were the better Team G1 because we played like shit. There is no way we will be as bad as we were and we should play a better game tonight, If we play better but lose and we are down 0-2, we should not overreact.

I know Barbs or C will probably take EJ's spot but I would like to see BB or Timmins.

now was that because we were bad or Dallas was good? Obviously the score is a bit worrisome.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
now was that because we were bad or Dallas was good? Obviously the score is a bit worrisome.
Dallas were fine, not amazing, but good enough. It was mostly Avs tripping over their own laces. Inaccurate passes. Bobbling pucks. Poor D-zone coverage and positioning. Shooting straight into the goalie's chest. Lots of silly mistakes from lots of players. The D-core were all round bad bar a couple of nice plays from G and Makar. Mack was an animal, Landy and Rants were fine. The rest was a sack of meh.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
What a crappy start time. You know that they won't get going until well after 8pm...

All day games up until this point and then they throw them into Pacific time zone games. I can't help but wonder if that played somewhat of a role in half the Avs not showing up.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Meant to post here but Accidentally posted on the main board GDT, but:

This HAS to be the best Avs team we have seen since arriving to the bubble. Anything short of that is unacceptable.

Reactions: thefors

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I think we win. Both goalies gave up some very saveable shots, and the entire team wasn't focused. Bednar will have them fired up for this game. Khudobin is very beatable.

Reactions: Avs

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Let's Go Avs! Unfortunately I'll only be able watch for about 2 periods tonight. If the Avs can clean up their play in the defensive end then I'm confident this series is tied at the end of the night!

Reactions: Avs425

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The best lines we can throw out there:

Landeskog-Mackinnon-Rantanen
Burakovsky-Kadri-Donskoi
Namestnikov-Jost-Compher
Calvert-Bellemare-Nieto

Girard-Makar
Zadorov-Cole
Graves-Timmins

Nuke sits

As you can see, the D is badly outclassed by Dallas
Bednar will probably keep the lines to give them a chance again, but if some of the players aren't up to it again then I am going back to some of the lines we played against the Coyotes.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Namestnikov
Burakovsky - Kadri - Rantanen
Nichushkin - Compher - Calvert
Jost - Bellemare - Nieto

Graves - Makar
Girard - Cole
Barberio - Zadorov

I think Landeskog has played well enough to stay on the first line, while Mikko deserves a drop. Please no Connauton and I doubt we'll see either Timmins or Byram.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad