GDT: [R2/G7 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Seattle Kraken @ Dallas Stars - 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
They gave up. This was a pathetic showing in a game 7 and every single one of them except Grubauer should be ashamed of themselves. Embarrassing

Oilers and leafs are fine they should make some tweaks and keep trying. Shouldn’t have kept playing skinner when he was clearly struggling.
LOL. Man, you sure have an interesting spin on things.

The only one who should be ashamed and embarrassed should be you with these posts.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Its been a Pleasure Kraken Nation!!!Love how this team came together this year and beat Colorado and really had some great games where they wiped Dallas off the planet! Fun Times and hope more in store! Love you all of course and Love the Kraken,great players,Great coaches and a great great GM! Have a terrific Summer and see you all come September when this gets to start up again...I forgot the Entry Draft is at the end of June so see you then may the Scouts have Eagle Eyes to find our next batch of Kraken hopefuls!!! May the Forces be with them and you all!!!

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Condolences Seattle fans.

Helluva season y'all had. Prooved alot of doubters wrong. Few good moves and you'll be playing for lord Stanley.

Matty Berniers is going to be a star sooner than later.
Honestly, there is no reason to offer condolences. If anything, this is something to celebrate. If anyone had told me we had a chance of being one game away from the WCF at the start of the season, I would have told them to get their head checked .. LOL.

Sure there is some disappointment but at the end of the day, there is more to celebrate.

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
If you told me before the season that Gru would be the best Kraken player on the ice for R2G7, I'd have guaranteed a win. I'm SOOO hoping that his performance carries over to next year. If he is even above average I think this team wins the Pacific

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Very proud of this f***ing team. Same core next season with hopefully some kids stepping up. Evans and hopefully one of the forwards (minus Kartye) is ready to go.

Can't wait for training camp.
I have Mocked some Forwards with Size going to the Kraken followed by a couple of D-men...Seattle has 1 First rounder and 3 second Rounders plus all the rest of the picks in round 3-7!Looking forward to the Draft at the end of June

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
If you told me before the season that Gru would be the best Kraken player on the ice for R2G7, I'd have guaranteed a win. I'm SOOO hoping that his performance carries over to next year. If he is even above average I think this team wins the Pacific
I would have traded Gru for a sack of beads back around New Year (and retained as well). Never saw this coming, he definitely proved me wrong.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Now we get to focus on a low range first round pick! That’s new!

Seriously though, wondrous season. I had them improving by 20 points and missing the playoffs ending where the Canucks did. They did me better by double and knocked off the champs. If this were boxing or ufc or pro wrestling, Dallas would have just beat us for the belt!

Not a bad thing to say about any player this year. Can’t believe losing by a single goal in the 7th game of the second round is where it ends. Amazing.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I have Mocked some Forwards with Size going to the Kraken followed by a couple of D-men...Seattle has 1 First rounder and 3 second Rounders plus all the rest of the picks in round 3-7!Looking forward to the Draft at the end of June
Looking at the bright side I think this also means we pick at 21 and not 28/29. @RainyCityHockey has been posting some good scouting reports too.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really like the way this team is built for the playoffs. Not big, but the grinding ability is great.

They just really ran out of gas tonight. Hak was double shifting Gourde and Bjorkstrand and you could tell the legs were gone. They couldn't get the timing right on their chips. Give the coach a couple more players like that that he'll trust.

I feel like this team was close to being able to keep the playoff run going, just not deep enough. The talk is about how deep Seattle is, and they certainly had crazy deep scoring in the regular season, but in the playoffs Hak wasn't playing those guys. The 4th line didn't see 10 minutes tonight.

Alternatively you could acquire superstars but looking at how this playoffs has gone for the Kraken and for other clubs (look at Carolina with their top scorers injured), I think acquiring more great grinders is the most efficient way to build a cup winner.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Proud of the team. I think we just lack that little bit of quality/star to go all the way. I think we can build on this easily though. I'm excited about next season with some prospects coming up, possibly we make a move in free agency. If Grubauer can take that play off form into the regular season that's also huge.

Reactions: KrakenSabresMike

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Congrats on a hell of a second season folks. Really respected the way your team played. Can always root for a hockey team playing for each other and coming together to be greater than the sum of their parts.

I didn't love Francis's work in the ED but I did like how he picked or acquired a lot of very high character players. Gourde, Tanev, Soucy, Larsson and of course the homie Mark Giordano. Having these guys bears fruit, just didn't think it would be so soon for yall. Loved the Beniers pick too, great motor and is going to be an awesome 2way center in this league for a long time.

Last edited:

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Man that first goal by Dallas was such a crappy goal and more luck than anything else.

Though, the guys played their hearts out and just came up a little short.
Proud of them and let's see how we can keep on building.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
I think we just ran out of gas. You can only play every other day for so long before you naturally hit the wall. Can be easily seen when we had two straight days off (between Game 2 and 3) and came back and kicked Dallas in the teeth. I think our depth helped conceal the slow path to exhaustion...but it eventually caught up.

Such a fun season. So many bright spots and things we can grow from. I think the future for Seattle hockey is wide open and if we continue on the trajectory, good things will continue to come.

I know this past season isn't even 24 hours old, but I already can't wait for John, JT and Edzo again. It's also been a lot of fun with the inner-game interactions with you guys!

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Looking at the bright side I think this also means we pick at 21 and not 28/29. @RainyCityHockey has been posting some good scouting reports too.
Yes at 21 The Kraken should get a pretty good Forward or a Defense if they so desire! Forwards with size include Wood,Honzek and But the Russian!Defense of note are Lindstein,Dragicevic,Willander,Strbak but I'm sure the Kraken will have their favorites or best fits if not BPA!RainyCity has reports...thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad