GDT: [R2/G7 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Seattle Kraken @ Dallas Stars - 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Yes at 21 The Kraken should get a pretty good Forward or a Defense if they so desire! Forwards with size include Wood,Honzek and But the Russian!Defense of note are Lindstein,Dragicevic,Willander,Strbak but I'm sure the Kraken will have their favorites or best fits if not BPA!RainyCity has reports...thanks

Thanks to Florida advancing to the conference final the Kraken will actually draft at #20 OVR.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I doubt he drops that far, but Axel Sandin-Pellikka would look nice in Coachella.

I think anything's possible for guys starting projected around #10.

This draft is deep and there are other guys(Tom Willander has been rising up the draft boards) that might move up and bump a guy like him down.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Ah well after the “I’m just happy to be here” shine wears off maybe you won’t be happy with dog shit efforts in elimination games.

Kraken should be ashamed with how they blew this series.
At times like this I wish this site had a thumbs down emoji or an "unlike".

Effort?? You clearly have no clue about hockey, period.
In the first 2 rounds of these playoffs Kraken had most blocked shots of ANY team and most hits. If that isn't indicative of "effort" idk what is.

They ran out of gas. Plain and simple. Two 7 game rounds just too much at that pace for a team with very little depth (obviously as a second year franchise). Dallas played a solid shutdown game and limited chances and they were simply burnt out. Totally understandable. Kind of expected.

This team OVERACHIEVED by far and if this isn't good enough for ANY fan, well then you're just a Debbie Downer and need to consider therapy.

Next year is gonna be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I doubt he drops that far, but Axel Sandin-Pellikka would look nice in Coachella.
RD-man Sandin-Pellika is a slighter Schultz...And not so fast on putting him in Coachella...I would rather he plays a tonne(25-30 min)RS,PP in Sweden for a couple,three years then make the move.Having a 18 year old in the AHL especially a First rounder is a recipe for disaster. Let him develop in Sweden. The Russian Gulyayev would probably welcome a move over to NAmerica but where do you put him? WHL,QMJHL,OHL?Not college that's not an option. Gulyayev would be a great get and I like Lindstein and Willander too

Reactions: Kevinsane

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I concur 100%. I should have clarified that ASP would make a great Firebird after gaining experience at home, because, as you stated, coming over at 18 to a cultural shift and smaller rinks is a lot to process.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

In the first 2 rounds of these playoffs Kraken had most blocked shots of ANY team and most hits. If that isn't indicative of "effort" idk what is.

They ran out of gas. Plain and simple. Two 7 game rounds just too much at that pace for a team with very little depth (obviously as a second year franchise). Dallas played a solid shutdown game and limited chances and they were simply burnt out. Totally understandable. Kind of expected.

This team OVERACHIEVED by far and if this isn't good enough for ANY fan, well then you're just a Debbie Downer and need to consider therapy.

Excellent points. Kraken blocked 44 shots JUST in Games 6 and 7! That is simply selfless and amazing. Only a blind clown could watch this series and criticize Seatle's "effort". Monday (actually Tuesday) morning quarterbacking has me wondering if double shifting our top 2 lines in the last half of the game was a good idea? There were a lot of 3rd period plays that suggested our top guys were gassed. Exhaustion leads to bad decision making, passing, etc, as well as lesser play, especially when playing from behind against a bigger veteran team with several talented young speedsters. Not blaming Hakstol though. We damn near tied that game at the buzzer.

Reactions: GrungeHockey

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Excellent points. Kraken blocked 44 shots JUST in Games 6 and 7! That is simply selfless and amazing. Only a blind clown could watch this series and criticize Seatle's "effort". Monday (actually Tuesday) morning quarterbacking has me wondering if double shifting our top 2 lines in the last half of the game was a good idea? There were a lot of 3rd period plays that suggested our top guys were gassed. Exhaustion leads to bad decision making, passing, etc, as well as lesser play, especially when playing from behind against a bigger veteran team with several talented young speedsters. Not blaming Hakstol though. We damn near tied that game at the buzzer.
I think they definitely were gassed, but there wasn't a real alternative. Everyone has to realize there was no way this team was going to have the depth required for a long playoff run. Even if they'd won this game by some lucky bounce I doubt they'd have much left for a 3rd round after 2 already long rounds.
They were a 3 line team that ended up being mostly a 2 line team but that's what a 2nd year team had to end up being. This off season they need to add some depth, a few 2 way players perhaps, and then they should be even better than this year and as the draft picks develop even better than that.

I can't imagine how anyone could feel anything but optimistic about this team's future.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I concur 100%. I should have clarified that ASP would make a great Firebird after gaining experience at home, because, as you stated, coming over at 18 to a cultural shift and smaller rinks is a lot to process.
One of biggest issues is the amount of games played compared to Training and of course Ice time. Travel is also a killer,riding the bus to faraway places rather than being away doing short stints

Reactions: Kevinsane

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I think they definitely were gassed, but there wasn't a real alternative. Everyone has to realize there was no way this team was going to have the depth required for a long playoff run. Even if they'd won this game by some lucky bounce I doubt they'd have much left for a 3rd round after 2 already long rounds.
They were a 3 line team that ended up being mostly a 2 line team but that's what a 2nd year team had to end up being. This off season they need to add some depth, a few 2 way players perhaps, and then they should be even better than this year and as the draft picks develop even better than that.

I can't imagine how anyone could feel anything but optimistic about this team's future.
In terms of depth, not having Bura was particularly brutal, as well as McCann missing nearly half of the games. On the flip side, we totally beat the Avs with depth, 14 goal-scorers and all of that.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
In terms of depth, not having Bura was particularly brutal, as well as McCann missing nearly half of the games. On the flip side, we totally beat the Avs with depth, 14 goal-scorers and all of that.
True, we managed to limit the Avs big lien better than Dallas's . Part of the burn out side of things though. We need a better 4th line so we can give it more ice time.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018

I'm surprised you didn't mention the most important thing -- this franchise from top to bottom just gained a ton of experience and data. if their analytics and coaching do their jobs together the next few years could be very exciting for Seattle. They've figured out who their leaders are now and as long as they don't make the mistake of going ride-or-die with Grubauer (who despite a strong playoff can be up and down in general) they may just be makiing playoff runs for the foreseeable future.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
As disappointing of an end the season was, our team overachieved just by making the playoffs, and winning a round against last years champs and taking the next series to 7 games was cake. What a ride!

The areas they need vast improvement have been exposed and the GM and coaching staff know what needs to be fixed.

If “playoff Gru” is the real Gru, then you can cross goaltending off the things that need to be fixed, and that’s a huge positive.

I love this team and cannot wait until next season.
I knew having an NHL team here would be good, but it’s been beyond great!

Go Kraken!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad