GDT: [R1G3 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Colorado Avalanche @ Seattle Kraken - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Is it me or did Hakstol just play the top 3 lines?Seems like the 4th got a shift or two per period and that's it
Yeah, Sprong was in the doghouse until half way in the 3rd after the pp in the first. 4th line hardly gets any icetime in general this playoffs.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Yeah, Sprong was in the doghouse until half way in the 3rd after the pp in the first. 4th line hardly gets any icetime in general this playoffs.

doesn't help that geekie has been playing as a 2RW which he's not minus to nights game.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Froden donato sprong is a trash line Froden shouldn't even be on the NHL roster then donato isn't really much of a center.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Once again our toughest opponent showed up, our own power play.

It's bad enough that absolutely nothing happens there but you can't give up that first goal to let them tie the game.
It was a huge momentum swing and we needed nearly 20 minutes to get back into it.

After that it was a huge effort by the boys, even tying it up, but we made a couple too many mistakes and giving up that fourth on an odd man rush just wasn't good.

Gotta regroup now and go for it again on Monday.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Froden donato sprong is a trash line Froden shouldn't even be on the NHL roster then donato isn't really much of a center.
Changes for: 4
Changes against: 0
It was the only line that didn’t get run over.

During the regular season there are 850 defensive and offensive pairings who played more then 60 minutes. The Donato line (with Tanev and Sprong) had the lowest expected goals against.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Froden is perfectly serviceable as a 4th line guy. In the playoffs though, that line is getting run over
They got put out there against the MacKinnon line a couple of times. That wasn't the best idea. Donato got skated out of his jock a few times that I recall.

To be fair, MacKinnon makes almost everyone look bad.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Once again our toughest opponent showed up, our own power play.

It's bad enough that absolutely nothing happens there but you can't give up that first goal to let them tie the game.
It was a huge momentum swing and we needed nearly 20 minutes to get back into it.

After that it was a huge effort by the boys, even tying it up, but we made a couple too many mistakes and giving up that fourth on an odd man rush just wasn't good.

Gotta regroup now and go for it again on Monday.
Winning in the playoffs does require special teams to show up in a positive way. Sprong falling down was ... not it.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
If the Kraken don't manage the comeback here, that will go down as a defining moment.
I feel for him. I'm sure he's mortified. I was really hoping he or Donato would provide a little sneaky scoring, steal some minutes, and otherwise be invisible. (sigh)

At any rate, game 4 will be huge. Win and it's a best of 3. Lose and we're down 1-3 in the series and our chances are pretty poor.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Not too surprising that the PP has basically sunk them. We all saw that coming from the regular season and knew it wasn't going to get magically better in the playoffs, especially when the checking is even tougher.
Have to face reality, their top line is a lot better than our top line and despite a good effort and having a few playoff type guys that help, we simply don't match up to what they can put on the ice.
Gru can still steal a game and anything can happen any night but I suspect the better team (Avs) will win out.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
We had a lot of self-inflicted wounds last night, but let's give credit to the Avalanche, too. They have a gear we don't possess because they have elite talent like MacKinnon, Makar and Rantanen who can raise their game higher than most mortals when the need arises. When they turned it up a notch, we looked overmatched last night. Still, if we can manage to win on Monday, a whole new dynamic takes over and the pressure will be on the Avalanche to close out the series. It's not looking great at the moment for the Kraken, but Colorado is not yet a fait accompli either.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Not too surprising that the PP has basically sunk them. We all saw that coming from the regular season and knew it wasn't going to get magically better in the playoffs, especially when the checking is even tougher.
Have to face reality, their top line is a lot better than our top line and despite a good effort and having a few playoff type guys that help, we simply don't match up to what they can put on the ice.
Gru can still steal a game and anything can happen any night but I suspect the better team (Avs) will win out.
I think if Burakovsky came back it might have improved. He hasn't though.

Reactions: GrungeHockey

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Anyone want to take a shot at R1G4's GDT? I've got a good feeling about tonight.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
What happened to Burakovsky he's been out almost 3 months,did they amputate his "leg",Groin?

He had a setback and had to get surgery one week before the playoffs started.

Anyone want to take a shot at R1G4's GDT? I've got a good feeling about tonight.

Not going to be me after taking the L during my game 3 thread.

So, next one up.

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
BIggest weakness in our playoffs so far is of course, faceoff wins, especially in the defensive zone. We keep giving a talented team way too many chances. Next weakness is power play zone entry. Horrible, The Avs gain the zone almost every time. For god's sakes, stand these guys up at the blue line like they do to us! Anyway, trade next year for at least two top faceoff guys. I'm not giving up, but we sure need to put the Home pressure on the Avs by winning tonight. We play well in Denver.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Kraken have to show up collectively it takes 20-23 players to Win a game and Series! Good Luck to the Kraken tonight! Will be watching with much anticipation!

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He had a setback and had to get surgery one week before the playoffs started.

Not going to be me after taking the L during my game 3 thread.

So, next one up.
So there is no Burakovsky,shite!!!He was suppose to be the Big Bodied skilled Winger this team needed for the Regular and Play-off season!!!

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
So there is no Burakovsky,shite!!!He was suppose to be the Big Bodied skilled Winger this team needed for the Regular and Play-off season!!!
If it is a groin pull, they can be very nasty. It took Eric Karllsson three years to get back to his former self. And one basically ended Jonathon Cheechoo's career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad