GDT: [R1G3 Stanley Cup Playoffs] Colorado Avalanche @ Seattle Kraken - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Here we go.

After starting their first playoff series on the road against the Stanley Cup Champions Colorado Avalanche, the Kraken come home to play their first ever playoff home game.
Thanks to two solid performances the Kraken were able to split their first games with Colorado and will try to take the series lead in a pivotal game three.

The Avs, on the other hand, will be looking to make it two in a row after being able to achieve a come from behind win in game two.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Exterior-Hero-Shot-1024x575.jpg

When?
7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 pm. ET / 4:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
TBS, ROOT-NW, ALT

------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Keep on rolling them lines

So far the Kraken have been able to wear down the Avalanche with their depth and consistant forecheck.
They'll have to keep doing that in order create the turnovers needed to activate their offense and use their pace against a very talented Avs team.

2) Look out for tactical changes
During most of the first two games the Kraken have been able to stifle the Avs attempts and entering the zone, forcing them about other ways to do so.
Though, during the final one or two periods of the last game the Avs did start to dump the puck more and will certainly try to keep on doing so in order to force the Kraken to react and potentially fall back a bit from the blue line.

3) Keep things tight in the middle of the ice
During most of those two games the Kraken have been able to win their battles in the middle of the ice, forcing the Avs to come up with other things to try and be successfiul on offense.
Seattle will need to keep on doing that in order to protect Grubauer, who has been solid so far, and stay away from giving up too many high danger chances to the likes of MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Justin Schultz: 1(G) - 1(A) ---> 2 points
Alex Wennberg: 1(G) - 1(A) ---> 2 points
Eeli Tolvanen: 1(G) - 1(A) ---> 2 points
Yanni Gourde: 0(G) - 2(A) ---> 2 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 26:15 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 25:09 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 20:01 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 1-1-0 / .947(SV%) / 2.03 GAA
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Bowen Byram: 0(G) - 2(A) ---> 2 points
Arturi Lehkonen: 1(G) - 1(A) ---> 2 points
Devon Toews: 1(G) - 1(A) ---> 2 points
Nathan MacKinnon: 0(G) - 1(A) --> 1 point

Work Load:
Cale Makar: 25:18 TOI/Game
Devon Toews: 22:43 TOI/Game
Nathan MacKinnon: 21:49 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Alexandar Georgiev: 1-1-0 / .915(SV%) / 2.54 GAA

------------------------------------------------

This one has all the makings to be an exciting one.

The Kraken will try to win their first ever home game with their fans being loud and supporting them all the way.
They'll need to keep on doing their thing while being smart with the adjustments of the opposition in order to not get out of their rhythm.

The Avs, on the other hand, will try to build on their momentum from the final two periods on Thursday to try and get home ice back.
They certainly have the fire power to do so but need to be able to get more out of their depth players in order to keep up with the Kraken rolling those lines

Anyways, this should be a fun and loud one, it being the first ever home game for the Kraken.
Let's hope the good guys are up for it and able to make things tough on the defending champs.
giphy.gif

And as always...
giphy.gif

BTW: This is just a barebones GTD. Like we've mentioned before. This is supposed to be a team thing.
So if anyone has graphics(for stats etc.) please share them so I, or potentially the mods, can include them in this post.

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I expect the Kraken to come out flying and surpassing the Avalanche's intensity. This isn't last year's Avalanche. Colorado is beatable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad