GDT: R1G2: SEA @ COL: (Series Tied 1-1) 9:30p ET

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
That Manson signing is going to go down as a complete waste.

Manson 4+ mil barely played all year

EJ 6 mil is completely washed
Landeskog 7 mil can’t play at all.

Zero replacements at deadline, only adjustment is taking nuke off pp1 instead of compher who already barely looks like a playoff 3C. We are going out to a first time playoff team as defending champs and it’s f***ing pathetic to have to endure this. I’m really glad we won last year because it’s about to get real tough in Denver.

The only thing about him being injured this year is that he has a Full NTC this year but next year he has a modified NTC (12 teams). So if he's ever going to be hurt one year and not the other, this is the better year for him to be hurt if you're going to trade him.

Admittedly, none of that helps with repeating.

Unfortunately Manson is a bigger loss than many would want to admit. He's a lot better than Erik Johsnon at this point.

Both Helms and Manson are kind of in the same boat. If you allocate salary to players based on games missed, Helm is actually #6 (of the players on the opening roster).

The Avs had around 20 million of payroll out with injury this year.

Reactions: Alienblood

jabubenice

Mar 7, 2011
cayman island
Watching the playoffs last season was so stressful for me because we were such a good team and not winning it would have jus been so f***ed up. I was living in New Zealand this time last year and would stream the game while driving (please please do not try this) to pick up my kids from school. When we won that game six i kept screaming over and over again until our neighbors knocked on the door to make sure we were ok (apparently they didn't know black people also like hockey).

This year its a different story. With all the injuries and not doing anything at the deadline sealed it. So no stress, win one round or two or three, im cool.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
I don't understand what's all this calling for CMac's head. I think they're underestimating how much power CMac had before and overestimating how much he has now. The move in the offseason is nothing more than a title change. Remember CMac MADE the Duchene trade.
Sakic calls the shots

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
That Manson signing is going to go down as a complete waste.

Manson 4+ mil barely played all year
EJ 6 mil is completely washed
Landeskog 7 mil can’t play at all.

Zero replacements at deadline, only adjustment is taking nuke off pp1 instead of compher who already barely looks like a playoff 3C. We are going out to a first time playoff team as defending champs and it’s f***ing pathetic to have to endure this. I’m really glad we won last year because it’s about to get real tough in Denver.
Was just about to type this. Imagine having 20 mil to alter the team. Hindsight is a beautiful thing but wow.

I get the feeling brash was sanctified with the 1 Cup.

Mack has got to kick Joe's door in after this and tell.him.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

“I wasn’t supposed to be in?” Erik asked reporters, when the question was brought up about entering the lineup at the last minute. “That was news to me. I was ready to play all day.”

He may or may not have had a grin on his face while answering…

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Manson was horrible in Game 1, but he had moments like that last year too (Game 1 against Edmonton comes to mind).

In the rare games Manson did play this year, he had some stand out games (one against Dallas comes to mind) and the Avalanche's record with him in the line-up was good. As frustrated as I was watching him in Game 1, Manson is built for playoff hockey, so I expect him to bounce back tonight.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I don't understand what's all this calling for CMac's head. I think they're underestimating how much power CMac had before and overestimating how much he has now. The move in the offseason is nothing more than a title change. Remember CMac MADE the Duchene trade.
It's more than a title change. CMac has the final call on trades and ultimately failed to make the team stronger. Last year we saw Sakic go all-in and overpaid a bit to get the players they targeted.

Plenty of the preparation stays the same, but I highly doubt Sakic has the final say these days.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
lol-squid.gif

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Must win game tonight.

Beds seems confident the team will come out strong; let's see if the players reciprocate that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad