GDT: R1G1 - Predators @ Avalanche - Kicking Off the Real Season - 7:30 PM

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Me, walking around downtown Toronto today w my Avs jersey on, surrounded by jabronies in white & blue. Feelin' that swag, baby. Feelin' it and rockin' it in the 'centre of the hockey universe.' :thumbd:

View attachment 539915

Used to love doing that. However considering I’d usually wear my Nordiques jersey I’d more often get compliments. One from JS Giguere even.

• Wow
Reactions: JudoKoala

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
I’m at a client all week. These 9:30 starts are going to kill me. Can’t believe it’s still two hours til puck drop.
toodamnlate.jpg

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
It's clear that Nashville's game plan is to play physical and try to take the Avs off their game with agitation and borderline hits. They cannot beat the Avs on speed and skill. If you have Macdermid on your roster, this is the series he should play in.
MacDermid being in the lineup isn't gonna change Nashville's gameplan at all though, so he shouldn't even be playing in this series at all or any other series.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Used to love doing that. However considering I’d usually wear my Nordiques jersey I’d more often get compliments. One from JS Giguere even.

Wow, awesome! Where did you see him?

A fella commented on my Sakic jersey today while in the grocery checkout line. He said, "Hey, a Rockies jersey, right on!", which was a GREAT start to the conversation, Lol. Basically he wished us luck "until we meet the Leafs," which is some pretty optimistic thinking for both of us but hey, here's to the both of us, man. :laugh:

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Because helm pk’s. I like Newhook and hope he finds his stride but has been a non factor for some time and is very likely not to be in this series. His being scratched does not hurt the lineup in any way at this point unfortunately.

Newhook was top-10 on the team in scoring. If you’re looking for a non-factor, MacDermid fits that a whole lot more.

Reactions: Snow Arc

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Wow, awesome! Where did you see him?

A fella commented on my Sakic jersey today while in the grocery checkout line. He said, "Hey, a Rockies jersey, right on!", which was a GREAT start to the conversation, Lol. Basically he wished us luck "until we meet the Leafs," which is some pretty optimistic thinking for both of us but hey, here's to the both of us, man. :laugh:

Oh it was at the game. Whenever I went I would go under the stands between periods and would catch the players on their way back out. Giggy stopped on his way out and said “nice jersey!” before stepping on the ice for the next period.

Reactions: JudoKoala

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
Perhaps giving the college rookie a breather is the strategy?

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Newhook was top-10 on the team in scoring. If you’re looking for a non-factor, MacDermid fits that a whole lot more.
I don’t necessarily disagree, but macdermid has been more effective in the role asked of him than Newhook has. He can be used on F or D, and can be an intimidating presence. Newhook is playing at a fourth line level and doesn’t bring anything else to the lineup. A skill player that is not playing skilled…

It’s all about roles and having player buy in and do what’s asked. They can ask macdermid to play d, he will. They can ask him to stir it up, he will. They can ask Newhook to play more skilled, and he can’t just “turn it up”. These players have to play to their abilities and right now Colorado is likelier to get out muscled, not out skilled.

Bednar has almost always shown that when young players are playing to their abilities, they get their opportunity regardless of time of year. Newhook is sitting because he’s not playing to his abilities.

I’m not saying Newhook can’t make a difference, the potential for that is always a possibility, but he certainly hasn’t earned that chance over others that have filled their role better for the last months of the season. I don’t blame Bednar one bit for making the decision either way, it’s not egregious to think that either player will or won’t add more to this current lineup.

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Oh it was at the game. Whenever I went I would go under the stands between periods and would catch the players on their way back out. Giggy stopped on his way out and said “nice jersey!” before stepping on the ice for the next period.

Aaaahh that's so cool! Would feel blessed to be noticed by one of our boys, even just once...

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
MacDermid being in the lineup isn't gonna change Nashville's gameplan at all though, so he shouldn't even be playing in this series at all or any other series.
It changes a lot of things, including how the Avs play

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don’t necessarily disagree, but macdermid has been more effective in the role asked of him than Newhook has. He can be used on F or D, and can be an intimidating presence. Newhook is playing at a fourth line level and doesn’t bring anything else to the lineup. A skill player that is not playing skilled…

It’s all about roles and having player buy in and do what’s asked. They can ask macdermid to play d, he will. They can ask him to stir it up, he will. They can ask Newhook to play more skilled, and he can’t just “turn it up”. These players have to play to their abilities and right now Colorado is likelier to get out muscled, not out skilled.

Bednar has almost always shown that when young players are playing to their abilities, they get their opportunity regardless of time of year. Newhook is sitting because he’s not playing to his abilities.

I’m not saying Newhook can’t make a difference, the potential for that is always a possibility, but he certainly hasn’t earned that chance over others that have filled their role better for the last months of the season. I don’t blame Bednar one bit for making the decision either way, it’s not egregious to think that either player will or won’t add more to this current lineup.

What is the expectation for Newhook? Like 60 points? I don’t see how that’s possible getting 13 minutes a night. He did perfectly fine this year for what his role is.

Btw… if Newhook is scratched, it has nothing to do with MacDermid. NAK would be the guy filling that spot. MacDermid comes in for someone like LOC. Because MacDermid sure as hell isn’t touching a 3rd line.

Reactions: Snow Arc

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Playoffs and Avs still get the shortend of NHL broadcasts.

WSH/FLA started at 530 pm MST and COL/NSH start at 730 pm MST on the same network (joined in progress listed). So missing the 1st period on main feed.

Same thing yesterday with STL-MIN. Missed about 5 minutes.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Playoffs and Avs still get the shortend of NHL broadcasts.

WSH/FLA started at 530 pm MST and COL/NSH start at 730 pm MST on the same network (joined in progress listed). So missing the 1st period on main feed.
I think playoff games will switch to an ancillary channel if needed if I remember correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad