GDT: R1G1 - Predators @ Avalanche - Kicking Off the Real Season - 7:30 PM

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
It's clear that Nashville's game plan is to play physical and try to take the Avs off their game with agitation and borderline hits. They cannot beat the Avs on speed and skill. If you have Macdermid on your roster, this is the series he should play in.

I think swapping Newhook for MacDermid puts a real dent in depth scoring.

It’s taken the Avs so long to build the depth that they have now. I don’t see a reason to negate that for 4 minutes or Kurtis MacDermid.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think swapping Newhook for MacDermid puts a real dent in depth scoring.

It’s taken the Avs so long to build the depth that they have now. I don’t see a reason to negate that for 4 minutes or Kurtis MacDermid.
If the Avs lose it won't be because they don't have enough skill.

Reactions: Alienblood

Snow Arc

Genetically engineered to want to be eaten
Aug 14, 2020
Do you know how avalanches start? Two flakes get together and get on a roll.

Reactions: BoneCherry

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
Me, walking around downtown Toronto today w my Avs jersey on, surrounded by jabronies in white & blue. Feelin' that swag, baby. Feelin' it and rockin' it in the 'centre of the hockey universe.' :thumbd:

john-travolta-walk.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
MacDermid has no business being in the lineup so hopefully he's not. More MacKinnon wouldn't be a bad thing but it's still a waste to have him in for 5 or so mins.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Newhook can come into the lineup if they don't get anything going offensively. Be a depth 3rd line winger that can get some soft minutes and provide a spark that way.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
If you really want MacDermid, why not scratch Helm?

You have to elevate someone like Cogliano/LoC to the 3rd line just to get MacDermid into the lineup.
Because helm pk’s. I like Newhook and hope he finds his stride but has been a non factor for some time and is very likely not to be in this series. His being scratched does not hurt the lineup in any way at this point unfortunately.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If you really want MacDermid, why not scratch Helm?

You have to elevate someone like Cogliano/LoC to the 3rd line just to get MacDermid into the lineup.

I don't really have a big issue with it if we're fully healthy Newhook wouldn't be getting much ice-time and I can see why Bednar want's MacDermid there. Having lines with defined roles is also quite important.

Assuming Bura is on the 2nd line, having a 3rd line if Lehkonen - Sturm - Compher should do fairly ok. I also expect Bednar to double shift Mack at times. Newhook will find himself in the lineup soon enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad