GDT: R1G1 - Predators @ Avalanche - Kicking Off the Real Season - 7:30 PM

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why is Newhook a healthy scratch? I get LOC but Newhook? Why?

Let's be honest--he hasn't been all that great the last couple months at least, if not longer. He's not winning ANY puck battles and what few shots he's generating, he's not hitting the net.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Let's be honest--he hasn't been all that great the last couple months at least, if not longer. He's not winning ANY puck battles and what few shots he's generating, he's not hitting the net.
Hes had spurts of good games but longer stretches of games where hes been meh. If hes scratched tonight it sends a clear message that you need to be playing a certain way to play. I dont mind Jared doing this for Game 1 if thats indeed wats happening.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Yeah we all love Newhook and want him to succeed but he's by no means made himself a lock on the fully healthy playoff roster.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Oh well, maybe going with heavier lineup against the Preds is better

Reactions: Ginger Papa

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Newhook hasn't been trash though, just not as productive I guess. LOC has been trash

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Yeah Newy's game has dropped off the last couple months. Had a feeling he'd be a scratch and the vets would play.

He's playing with much less confidence too. I think sitting will help him. Watch the game from above and it might slow down for him a bit.

Where's everyone seeing he's a scratch though? Didn't see a tweet and Bednar didn't reveal his lineup to the press.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad