Euro: R16: Netherlands v Czech Republic, 6/27/2021

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I don't think the Czechs got more than 1 clean sheet in qualifying.. now they have 2 in 4 games at the Euro's. England only got one past us.. same with Croatia. 2 goals against in 4 games. We're almost like that Greek squad but we score nice goals.lol

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
To be fair it was only 1 person in the TSN panel saying it wasn't a red, and everybody else was just like "no, no you're just wrong" lol

Yeah I posted while Caldwell was talking lmao

I think it does bear noting that his reason for it not being a red was a claim that Schick fouled de Ligt, rather than claiming that the handball itself shouldn't be a red

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I don't think the Czechs got more than 1 clean sheet in qualifying.. now they have 2 in 4 games at the Euro's. England only got one past us.. same with Croatia. 2 goals against in 4 games. We're almost like that Greek squad but we score nice goals.lol
You don't play with a sweeper and an 80s system.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
De Ligt says: "I let it bounce, which wasn't good. And then I fall and get a light push which causes me to play it with my hand. That can't happen."

Interesting story dude, but I don't think the push or fall caused you to swat the ball away.

Reactions: Mount Suribachi

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
De Jong wasn't bad?
Man take off thos Barca glasses. He was a total passenger.
He made countless defensive plays. Was good in transition. Clearly their best player before the red.

Depay the other barca player was trash and I said that through the game. Can’t we disagree once without being called biased damn.

Reactions: gary69

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I can't see how you can find De Jong positive in this game.
Well look at those defensive plays he did in the first half. Look at how he carried the ball from defence to offence. He had zero help. Gini was terrible. Depay trash. As the rest of the lot

Reactions: gary69

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Netherlands good players had to carry too many shit players IMO. None of them were good in this game and they should have at least went to the next round, but the quality of the rest of their team is awful. The good players they have know that and have too much pressure on them.

Honestly if you look at their WCQ group I wouldn't be too surprised if they whiffed on that again. The draw did them no favors. They get to play Haaland after he rested for a whole summer and they've already dropped points at Turkey.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Netherlands good players had to carry too many shit players IMO. None of them were good in this game and they should have at least went to the next round, but the quality of the rest of their team is awful. The good players they have know that and have too much pressure on them.

Honestly if you look at their WCQ group I wouldn't be too surprised if they whiffed on that again. The draw did them no favors. They get to play Haaland after he rested for a whole summer and they've already dropped points at Turkey.

Netherlands only has 2-3 good players at best. So the carrying is an understatement.
Fdj is not ready, Wijnaldum is all alone in the midfield, Depay is a talented player but lacks iq, De ligt similar issue.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Fdj is not ready for what exactly? He carried a youthful team to a semi final with Ajax in the champions league. So did De ligt lol

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The Dutch didn't continue to play open attacking football after they went down to 10 men. If anything that is what they should have done.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
de Jong was the best Dutch player in the first half and was struggling in a diminished midfield in the second half. He was probably on balance the best Dutch player on the night, seems weird to single him out.
Who singled him out?
I said the top 4 dutch players were either bad or transparant. De Ligt, De Jong, Wijnaldum and Depay.
There's absolutely nothing arguable about that statement IMO yet obviously, D2M took offense because you can't criticize FDJ.
He was never "singled out".

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Who singled him out?
I said the top 4 dutch players were either bad or transparant. De Ligt, De Jong, Wijnaldum and Depay.
There's absolutely nothing arguable about that statement IMO yet obviously, D2M took offense because you can't criticize FDJ.
He was never "singled out".
Oh you can I critiqued him last year but today… do as you please I guess.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Let's put it this way. At least 2 czech midfielders were better than FDJ today. Can you agree to this?

As such, can you agree that the 4 leaders of this dutch team failed, including FDJ? They're supposed to lead their team with their talents, and none did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad