Euro: R16: Italy v Austria, 6/26/2021

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I think Italy's gotta hope Belgium wins tomorrow. We open up way more than Portugal which should be ideal for Italy. Against Portugal though, if you're struggling this much against Austria, it's gonna be more of the same

No, we would pick Portugal because we like our chance with them more.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Fair enough. My family imports olive oil from their farm in Italy so I have been cooking a lot of oil based sauces and dishes, I used to not be a huge fan but have been falling in love with them. On Sundays though I usually slow cook a rack of ribs in a tomato sauce like my father used to do, tastes amazing and is just so nostalgic for me.
If a person wants to eat Italian, he must always start with the most important thing which is also one of the secrets of Italian cuisine: olive oil.

Reactions: Juve and 2CHAINZ

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
In any case, I believe that it is very difficult for Mancini to leave Pessina out too, after yesterday he enters the equation of the hypothetical next starting eleven.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Has very little to do with Veratti individually, but he should be dropped in my opinion. To me Italy is a lot more fluid and unpredictable without him. To me he doesn't complement Jorginho at all in that formation - they are just getting in each others way.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Locatelli can be a regista like Jorginho, while being much more mobile and better defensively. Locatelli is more similar to Jorginho than Veratti in possession probably. Jorginho is important though. I do agree that maybe Veratti should be dropped, one of Veratti or Jorginho should not start to me.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
If a person wants to eat Italian, he must always start with the most important thing which is also one of the secrets of Italian cuisine: olive oil.

Olive oil, yes, but don't forget the garlic.

I absolutely love Olive oil. For some reason, it irritates my stomach when it's too overly fried like in pasta and broccoli, etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: buddahsmoka1

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
They all made the R16 fam including Austria who I would add to that darkhorse list.

You said Switzerland and Wales were better darkhorse candidates than Italy, which was a stupid claim then and has proven to be a stupid claim now. Italy beat both, topped the group they were all in with 9 points and is in the quarterfinals. Wales just got crushed and Switzerland is 99% going out tomorrow. So no, you don't get to come back with this "I told you so" shit about Italy not being as impressive as other teams, when the teams you specifically claimed they weren't as good as were f***ing Switzerland and Wales. Trying to make it seem like you were right about Italy all along when you were demonstrably wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad