Euro: R16: Italy v Austria, 6/26/2021

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Don t underestimate Austria! They have a almost complete german Bundesliga Team. They are very competitive.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Ugly win. Austria played really well. Italy will have to play much better to beat the winner of Belgium v Portugal

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fantastic match for a neutral. Austria brought their A-game and Italy had the answers offensively...though my concerns with their defense remain.

What a joy to watch.

Reactions: S E P H and Rob

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Bonucci is one of those Italian defenders who's been around for so long that if I told people he played on the WC 06 Italy team a lot of folks would believe it without much hesitation.

But would those same people believe if you told them that Bonucci has only played one match in the WC.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It does not, but reffing mistakes add, and arguably some very big stories come from beancounting.

Difference of opinion I guess, cause that's the kind of drama that has made me stop caring about the hockey. I'm so happy that football is moving away from that rather than relishing in it like the NHL does.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Difference of opinion I guess, cause that's the kind of drama that has made me stop caring about the hockey. I'm so happy that football is moving away from that rather than relishing in it like the NHL does.
Playoffs have stopped me caring about the NHl.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Credit to Austria for putting up a fantastic fight.
They really rose to the challenge & finally played up to their talent.

Hopefully, Chiesa starts for you in the next match...I'd like to see Locatelli reintroduced over Jorginho(?)...and we get another phenomenal watch in the next round.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Playoffs have stop me caring about the NHl.
Lockouts for me. That and salary cap killed it imo. Slow death but it was the root. Basically your players are there for a small window before they move on. Then you get stuck watching a team tank for a decade hoarding picks to make another run. Rinse and repeats talk about zzzz

Reactions: gary69 and Eisen

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not pleased. We play like that next game, it's over
You were a little wasteful, but I think this was more about Austria's ability to press your midfield...as they have some really great pressing players...in a way few NTs do (other than Spain) and them just playing the best I've ever seen them play against a team other than Germany :laugh:

Reactions: TP

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think Italy should start Chiesa over Insigne and Locatelli over take your pick of Jorginho or Verratti, probably the former.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lockouts for me. That and salary cap killed it imo. Slow death but it was the root. Basically your players are there for a small window before they move on. Then you get stuck watching a team tank for a decade hoarding picks to make another run. Rinse and repeats talk about zzzz

As a fan a poorer club...not having a salary cap doesn't really help with that :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
GG and congrats to Italia, but remember what I was saying that they're not as impressive compared to some other countries.

Austria deserved a better fate, Anthony Taylor thought he was reffing rugby out there, and VAR is ruining this game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Italy should start Chiesa over Insigne and Locatelli over take your pick of Jorginho or Verratti, probably the former.
I don't understand how Mancini has Jorginho in the middle of the park when Verratti pretty much has the same exact strengths, but is a way superior player in almost every category. Chiesa should absolutely be starting, not sure what's going through his head concerning this decision

Reactions: gary69 and les Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad