World Cup: R16: Croatia vs. Denmark, 7/1/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
My problem with Eriksen and Denmark in this tournament is that as good as he can be..you wouldn't really be able to tell from how they play. Like when either Laudrup played for Denmark, the team played in a way that allowed him to shine with his skill set...but now he's just one guy in a team playing like a World Cup game is a midweek league fixture.
Lol, Both Laudrups refused to play for Denmark during the 1992 Euro qual and consequent Euro's.

One of the reasons they struggled in qualy aswell.

They hated Richard Moller Nielsens playstyle, which gave them clear assignments.

They were used to total football under Sepp Piontek, and Moller Nielsen had far worse players at his dispense, so he decided upon a very structured defensive counter attacking gameplan, and it worked.

Only Brian came back to play.

Even under Bo Johansson they were not allowed to do what they wanted.

Denmark looked absolute shite in the group at the 98 worlds, and were major underdogs against a blazing hot Nigeria team, and theu ruined them 4-1, because in that game, Bo changed the tactics and gave the players free license to play, which thwy were not given in the group stage. Kinda lile this wc. I am not expecting Negative football from DK tonight.

Eriksen usually has a free flowing role, but the 3 games at the world cup, has seen Denmark play a way, nooone has seen before. Eriksen is not used to Denmark playing like this either.

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Lol, Both Laudrups refused to play for Denmark during the 1992 Euro qual and consequent Euro's.

Brian Laudrup played in the EURO 1992. I cheered for Denmark in the EURO, like I said, and Flemming Povlsen was my favorite player.
I don't think either of them scored any goals, Henrik Larsen (the blond #13) got 2 or 3, John Jensen and Vilfort in the final.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Croatia's probably last chance with their current generation of players suddenly looks pretty good. Need to get it done today first though.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
That's what I thought about my teams Goaltending after year before last....Then we got Darling.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
LOL

Maybe all the good teams will lose and it will turn into a tournament of crap!

Although in fairness to Denmark they are nowhere near the pile of garbage that Russia is.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Brian Laudrup played in the EURO 1992. I cheered for Denmark in the EURO, like I said, and Flemming Povlsen was my favorite player.
I don't think either of them scored any goals, Henrik Larsen (the blond #13) got 2 or 3, John Jensen and Vilfort in the final.
As I wrote he did.

I wrote Brian returned for the Euro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad