GDT: R1, G5 Blues @ Wild 8:50pm CT (ESPN, BSN, BSMW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Was hoping for Dewar but at home Dlo may get the crowd going a bit more and maybe actually f*** some people up and turn the tide.
Dlo has literally brought nothing valuable to any of the first 4 games, he isn't losing us games but he is also contributing nothing. I was all for replacing him after game 1.

Reactions: AKL

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Dlo has literally brought nothing valuable to any of the first 4 games, he isn't losing us games but he is also contributing nothing. I was all for replacing him after game 1.
agreed i was all for having him sit given that the style of play he brings is not going to win us games vs the blues. if its vs calgary ill take him as they want to play very heavy so have at it but vs the blues id rather see Bjugstad or Dewar.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
This is a must win. The incredible ebb of momentum will be overwhelming if we lose this game. STL wins, they gain ALL of the confidence.

Doesn't mean we for sure lose the series, but damnit it will be hard to then win games 6 AND 7.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was actually hoping to see some coaching from Dean today. Taking Deslauriers out is the obvious swap. Jost for Gaudreau could be a good thing to try too. Maybe we'll still see some mid game adjustments. I realize the series is tied but the only coaching he really ever does is swapping out bottom pair defensemen and fourth liners. Something something deck chairs on the Titanic.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I was actually hoping to see some coaching from Dean today. Taking Deslauriers out is the obvious swap. Jost for Gaudreau could be a good thing to try too. Maybe we'll still see some mid game adjustments. I realize the series is tied but the only coaching he really ever does is swapping out bottom pair defensemen and fourth liners. Something something deck chairs on the Titanic.
I was convincing myself halfway through game one that we would see some sort of in-game adjustment and have held that position through the end of game 4 when I gave up hope. If it happens now, I will be amazed.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was convincing myself halfway through game one that we would see some sort of in-game adjustment and have held that position through the end of game 4 when I gave up hope. If it happens now, I will be amazed.

Oh yeah I'm not holding my breath, it would just be nice to see him recognize when something isn't working and change it just a singular time.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
im genuinely curious what they think of the powerplay. not media answers just straight up is it that they think nobody really stands out so its leave chemistry out there and hope it corrects itself or are we constructing it solely for the rare goal but mostly just momentum building and then having a good line ready to come out of it once its over? neither seem right but i just do not know.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Oh yeah I'm not holding my breath, it would just be nice to see him recognize when something isn't working and change it just a singular time.

6fni3o.jpg

Wabit

May 23, 2016
im genuinely curious what they think of the powerplay. not media answers just straight up is it that they think nobody really stands out so its leave chemistry out there and hope it corrects itself or are we constructing it solely for the rare goal but mostly just momentum building and then having a good line ready to come out of it once its over? neither seem right but i just do not know.

I think the PP practices against the PK. Since neither have been good they cancel each other out and both look good at practice.

Jesus comma Brodin

Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota

That is the most frustrating part for me... Dozens of times this season Evason was weakly asked about special teams and his response his just something along the lines of, "they just stink" or "they were bad again." I would pay real money for Russo, Myers, McLellan, or whoever to push and ask him what in the f*** they are doing about it.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

At this point that would be a change, which is better than doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again without success.

Why was Boldy taken off the top unit? The only time it was ever worth a damn was when he was on it.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
That is the most frustrating part for me... Dozens of times this season Evason was weakly asked about special teams and his response his just something along the lines of, "they just stink" or "they were bad again." I would pay real money for Russo, Myers, McLellan, or whoever to push and ask him what in the f*** they are doing about it.
Agreed. dive into it and really pry that answer out because at this point it just seems like the pp is the goalie in peewee practices. "go stand in net and stop the pucks" while we do this edge work drill that everyone else will benefit from but you can just watch it happen.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
They can ask that question all they want, Evason doesn't have to give any answer other than what he has even if they are "pressing him" about it.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
draft lottery is at 5:30 and there's a fair chance that we pick where NJ does. So, might be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad