OT: R.I.P. ROY HALLADAY

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
100610_halladay_nono_1_med_yddsnh3a.gif

1st postseason game he throws a no hitter.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
One of the greatest pitchers of our generation. It's a shame that he had all those wonderful years in Toronto and they couldn't surround him with the talent to win a World Series. At least Philadelphia tried. RIP Roy Halladay.

We had some decent teams unfortunately the Red Sox and Yankees went to a combined 7 World Series during his tenure in Toronto. They dominated the whole league not to mention the AL East.

Anyways Toronto and Philadelphia are sharing the same sadness today. Never seen such a pros pro in any sport and plus just a great dude in general. Still can't believe it...

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
Phenomenal player and person. When he came to the Phillies I thought for sure would win a World Series for at least the first two plus years when he was pitching I just expect them to win and usually they did. I still kind of feel like the team let him down by not winning one with him. He will be missed and I wish the best for his family in these times.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hope I'm not overstepping, but as our two franchises and fanbase share the grief of today and what Doc meant to our teams and us as fans, I wanted to adapt the tribute avatars I made in the Blue Jays' thread for the Phillies as well for anyone who wants one.

Doc-Phi1.gif
Doc-Phi2.gif
Doc-Phi3.gif

the first two are static images. The third flips between those two images every few seconds.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If I can share one more thing, it's this game video I found on Youtube: July 2, 2011 - Phillies @ Blue Jays.

Doc's return to the Toronto after the trade as well as his final game pitched vs his old team. I don't want to spoil everything, but it shouldn't surprise anyone that he went the distance. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad