Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
I needed to re post this.
This was my post in another thread on draft day after we chose QH

“I cannot stop laughing at the Canucks scout who actually fist pumped when Zadina was chosen before our pick. They are going to replay that as a meme for a decade after Zadina wins the calder.”

I’ve been wrong pretty much in everything but probably never more wrong than this. What a dumb post I posted at the time. At the time that’s what I really thought tho. Figured I should out myself and come clean on how wrong I was as I dish it, so I gotta be able to take it.

terrible terrible take by me.

It's nice to see people admit they were wrong with their predictions. Not that it really matters, but so many people push their "correct" predictions as some sort of sign that they're smarter than everyone else. It's such a weird flex when you're sitting behind a keyboard.

I wear my username proudly as a reminder that it's all just a guessing game.

Reactions: NuxFan09

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I needed to re post this.
This was my post in another thread on draft day after we chose QH

“I cannot stop laughing at the Canucks scout who actually fist pumped when Zadina was chosen before our pick. They are going to replay that as a meme for a decade after Zadina wins the calder.”

I’ve been wrong pretty much in everything but probably never more wrong than this. What a dumb post I posted at the time. At the time that’s what I really thought tho. Figured I should out myself and come clean on how wrong I was as I dish it, so I gotta be able to take it.

terrible terrible take by me.

It's okay. There are some on here who still thinks it is some sort of bad thing to say that the Canucks may have had tunnel vision on Hughes because of Weisbrod. At least your take isn't as bad as saying Hughes needed to be massively sheltered as a #6 defender.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
It's nice to see people admit they were wrong with their predictions. Not that it really matters, but so many people push their "correct" predictions as some sort of sign that they're smarter than everyone else. It's such a weird flex when you're sitting behind a keyboard.

I wear my username proudly as a reminder that it's all just a guessing game.

Exactly. I was so mad at the Miller trade too,... and that one also got shoved back in my face by the team lol. I’m happy to be wrong tho, what a stud both him and QH are. Great pick / trade.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
love this kid to death but man when he learns how to hold the zone at an elite level watch out

this deficiency in his game is really glaring when you take him away from tanev

this is what i want him to work on all summer. he should go to bourque/larry murphy/sami salo point man camp, the way nba centers go to hakeem olajuwon’s big man camp

Reactions: vancityluongo

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
In some strange Bizarro world.
The only players who shot differential is better without Hughes are Sutter and Eriksson

Most players experience a significant positive bump, except for these 2.

Which tells you everything you need to know about those two dinosaurs.

Reactions: Indiana

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Hughes can outskate almost anybody going down-ice without even breaking a sweat. I wonder if he can develop an extra gear to take his skating to the Mcdavid type level.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
pep6g7qqabk41.jpg

Quinn Hughes has officially made the Calder Trophy pursuit a two-horse race - TheHockeyNews

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I'd say the biggest problem for Hughes in my Opinion is shift length right now.

he'll dominate a nice offensive zone shift for like 45 seconds, then it ends and out of camera range you think he is changing when the other team is regrouping with possession and he is still on the ice.
Other people have said this, but now I am really noticing it.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

he'll dominate a nice offensive zone shift for like 45 seconds, then it ends and out of camera range you think he is changing when the other team is regrouping with possession and he is still on the ice.
I’ve noticed it, too.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
He would have finished the season as top scoring defensman in spite of missing 13 games. You’re making a case FOR him.
What is the precedent of players being rewarded for missing games?

Crosby in 2013 was absolutely the best player on a per game bases, but he got injured at Ovehckin won the Hart.

McDavid same thing with his rookie season.

Im not saying Makar shouldn’t win it, but this is a silly argument and completely not in line with precedent.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016

Crosby in 2013 was absolutely the best player on a per game bases, but he got injured at Ovehckin won the Hart.

Im not saying Makar shouldn’t win it, but this is a silly argument and completely not in line with precedent.
McDavid missed 37 games. Huge difference than 13.

Reactions: Makar27

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

you’re missing the point. He pretty much leads all rookies in scoring despite missing those 13 games. That’s a pro for him. It was his before this latest injury (according to writers votes on NHL.com), so it’s more his now than then.

makar wins. Case closed.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

iirc, being on the left side he is the one farther from the bench at home games in first and third periods. it's no excuse for staying on too long, just mentioning it as an exacerbating factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad