Injury Report: Quincey to see a doctor next week regarding his ankle (UPD: Quincey out 9-12 weeks)

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
damn

didn't he get ankle surgery over the summer?

Other ankle apparently.

Anyway, that sucks quite a bit, but 6 weeks wouldn't be terrible once Green comes back and assuming the rest of the D (mainly Kronner/DD/Green) can stay healthy.

Still think we should be trading for a D-man regardless of Quincey's status.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He's come a long way in my eyes, sucks if he's out long-term. Agree with the above poster though, when Green returns we should be solid enough if no one else goes down.

Kronner-Green
DD-Ericsson
Smith-Marchenko

or something like that.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
only 6 weeks? isn't that little bit too quick turn around from an ankle surgery?

Last edited:

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Detroit should cut Kindl and call up Jensen. Jensen would make a good partner for Green, IMO. Than Detroit can just send down either Marchenko or Jensen when Quincey returns.

Jensen is already 25 and hasn't even gotten a cup of coffee yet. He plays important minutes in the AHL to boot. If he's not gonna get a shot why are we developing him and wasting a spot in the TOP 4 in GR? It literally makes no sense. Jensen played 3 years of college and 2 years in the AHL. It's time to see if he can handle the big time.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
only 6 weeks? isn't that little bit too quick turn around from an ankle surgery?

Depends what is hurt. There's a whole host of ankle injuries. I haven't read what exactly is bothering Quincey. If the doctors say 6 weeks, it's nothing big. Something done laparoscopically has a really short turn around.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
detroit should cut kindl and call up jensen. Jensen would make a good partner for green, imo. Than detroit can just send down either marchenko or jensen when quincey returns.

Jensen is already 25 and hasn't even gotten a cup of coffee yet. He plays important minutes in the ahl to boot. If he's not gonna get a shot why are we developing him and wasting a spot in the top 4 in gr? It literally makes no sense. Jensen played 3 years of college and 2 years in the ahl. It's time to see if he can handle the big time.

+100

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Detroit should cut Kindl and call up Jensen. Jensen would make a good partner for Green, IMO. Than Detroit can just send down either Marchenko or Jensen when Quincey returns.

Jensen is already 25 and hasn't even gotten a cup of coffee yet. He plays important minutes in the AHL to boot. If he's not gonna get a shot why are we developing him and wasting a spot in the TOP 4 in GR? It literally makes no sense. Jensen played 3 years of college and 2 years in the AHL. It's time to see if he can handle the big time.

They both play the right-side, so not sure Jensen and Green is the way I would go. I still favor Jensen being our sixth D-man in. If the plan is to put Green with Kronner when he is back than Smith-Jensen would be my preferred other pair.

Also you could go

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Jensen

With DeKeyser and Ericsson looking good together and Kronwall and Smith looking together as usual that does give me some pause on where to slot who.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

I have always been confused about Jensen. I haven't seen him much, but every time I have seen him against nhlers (preseason, but still), he looked great. It's weird how we let Kindl try and try and try some more, and we keep scratching and calling up and sending down like 6 mediocre defensemen, yet Jensen never managed to get anything past looking really good in preseason.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Jensen is a tiny upgrade over Kindl (He wont get better either) so I doubt holland does anything with him but let him just sit in the minors.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I have always been confused about Jensen. I haven't seen him much, but every time I have seen him against nhlers (preseason, but still), he looked great. It's weird how we let Kindl try and try and try some more, and we keep scratching and calling up and sending down like 6 mediocre defensemen, yet Jensen never managed to get anything past looking really good in preseason.

It's clear the Red Wings have no idea how to develop d-men. The last decent d-man they drafted and developed was Kronwall 15 years ago. Ericsson has played over his head but he's ideally a bottom 3, just like every other guy they've drafted and developed since Kronwall. Nothing they do with their defense makes any sense at all.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Bad news on the Quincey front:

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago
#redwings defenseman Kyle Quincey will have ankle surgery on Saturday, Ken Holland said. Quincey estimated last week he'd be out six weeks.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Pick up the phone Kenny. We need another D-man even if Quincey was healthy.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Kronner, E, DDK, Green, Smith, Kindl, Marchenko

+

Jensen, XO.

Yeah, we need another d man. Right now 2 of Smith, Kindl, Marchenko is guaranteed to be in the lineup at any given time. Marchy's started to look better but I'd still feel 100x better if we could get a middle pairing guy and keep E out of the top4 all while shoving one of Smith/Kindl out of the lineup.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Unfortunate. Long term injuries on defense was the last thing we needed. That's a big chunk of the season that Q will miss.

Good thing is our D has looked alright lately. Smith-Marchenko should be able to do okay on the 3rd pairing.

Even more interested in going after Vatanen now though for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00