Quietly Backstrom leads the league in playoff scoring

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
It's been 4 games, chill

I'm not sure who's a bigger idiot. Cappy for matching Tavares against Backstrom or Pierre for saying They are very similar players and that Tavares is incredibly underrated defensively.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
How has he done it "quietly"?

Everything Backstrom does is quiet. Haven't heard much talk on CBC/SN about his play. It's always Ovi this, Ovi that. People still don't acknowledge as truly elite and while there may be a gap from him to Ovi/Crosby, it's not as big as people think.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
His shift on PK in first period went quiet as usual. His stick broke but he covered passing angles and blocked a shot. Normal for Backstrom.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
What's really surprising is how good he is defensively.

Capuano is an idiot for matching Tavares and Backstrom when Backstrom is this good on both sides of the ice.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's quiet because no one gives a **** about individual leaders 3 or 4 games into the 1st round.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I thought we had a moratorium on all this quietly ****.

Anyway, on point, good for him. I took him in my box pool because I was expecting big things from him. Dude's a gamer, Washington are very lucky to have him. What a great player.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He's one of he most underrated players in the whole league so I can see why the op made the post and used the word quietly.

MFarrer74

Laich it, Orlov it
Apr 20, 2010
Virginia
He's always been a shadow to Ovechkin, but Backstrom's overall game has been the same his entire career. He's the #1 PK forward, one of the best side-wall power play forwards in the game, and he plays with an effortless style that is under appreciated because its not flashy. Consistency runs through his veins.

The fact that Backstrom has never been voted into an all-star game is a joke.

Analyzer*

Everything Backstrom does is quiet. Haven't heard much talk on CBC/SN about his play. It's always Ovi this, Ovi that. People still don't acknowledge as truly elite and while there may be a gap from him to Ovi/Crosby, it's not as big as people think.

That's because they're dumb.

Every time I see the caps play, or check the score, if they've scored he likely has a point on it.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Backstrom is not underrated anymore. When will people stop with this? Everyone knows how good he is...

jford

Apr 21, 2015
It's been 4 games, chill

I'm not sure who's a bigger idiot. Cappy for matching Tavares against Backstrom or Pierre for saying They are very similar players and that Tavares is incredibly underrated defensively.

That's a tough call, but I'll give it to Capuano.

Since his decisions actually have consequences.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
WAS is very smart for splitting up Ovi and Backstrom. Cover one and the other one's line will tear you apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad