Value of: Quick to Calgary

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Ya Hox, we must be the ones missing it. Another 6 goals tonight, rocking a .891 sv%, since New Years. Are you talking the closest thing to Kipper, if he were to come out of retirement? In all honesty, Quick was elite. He’s shown brief flashes of being able to preform at that level, this year but he’s locked into a significant contract, for 4 more years and he just can’t be trusted to consistently preform at that level anymore. I expect it to come out that the surgery didn’t hold or that he’s sustained another injury, shortly. Either way, giving up assets for him and that contract, is a terrible idea.

I wonder what numbers Rittich would post behind LA this year. It's almost like its a team game. I wonder if moving our second best dman out and playing Phanuef and co more has made any difference to Quicks save %.

Personally i'd rather move quick out east if their was a choice.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I wonder what numbers Rittich would post behind LA this year. It's almost like its a team game. I wonder if moving our second best dman out and playing Phanuef and co more has made any difference to Quicks save %.

Personally i'd rather move quick out east if their was a choice.
Muzzin was only moved 13 days ago, Quick was brutal long before that. You already have another goalie on the roster, preforming much better, you can’t blame the team. Goalies on bottom feeder teams still post good save percentages, if you don’t believe me, look it up. This is 100% Quick.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Muzzin was only moved 13 days ago, Quick was brutal long before that. You already have another goalie on the roster, preforming much better, you can’t blame the team. Goalies on bottom feeder teams still post good save percentages, if you don’t believe me, look it up. This is 100% Quick.

Ive watched most of the games, quick is not the problem.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What most of my fellow Flames posters are failing to realize is that Quick is an elite goalie and has been for sometime. Elliott was a borderline starter, Hiller was a starter but was never elite and always had consistency issues. Ramo was maybe the best of bunch and he’s not in the NHL so that’s saying something. Smith has been an excellent goalie for stretches, but never reached the levels Quick has. Quite frankly, Quick would be the closest thing to Kipper we’ve had since he departed.
Agreed completely Hoxy

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Quick could be a good gamble, but i wouldn't risk it, esp. at the costs in here, Quick for Frolik/Stone +2nd 20/1st 19(Quick's GP during the playoffs) + 3rd in 19/20(dependant on which pick we give up^ opposite years) maxed

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I would not mind Quick at all. Guys a proven playoff performer, hell even a regular season guy.
SO WHAT if he's 33? He makes under 6M for a legit starting netminder. We NEED insurance in the Goaltending dept. end of story. Smith, while i love the guy, just isn't what we need at this point in time, and Rittich I don't exactly have a lot of faith to not crack under pressure cooker of the playoffs.
Quick has been there, and done it all. Excellent addition. Would definitely pay for his services.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I would not mind Quick at all. Guys a proven playoff performer, hell even a regular season guy.
SO WHAT if he's 33? He makes under 6M for a legit starting netminder. We NEED insurance in the Goaltending dept. end of story. Smith, while i love the guy, just isn't what we need at this point in time, and Rittich I don't exactly have a lot of faith to not crack under pressure cooker of the playoffs.
Quick has been there, and done it all. Excellent addition. Would definitely pay for his services.
Exactly. And ideally, by the end of the remaining 4 years, either Rittich, Parsons or Gillies steps up and is ready to become a starter.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Exactly. And ideally, by the end of the remaining 4 years, either Rittich, Parsons or Gillies steps up and is ready to become a starter.
4 years is a long time to plan ahead. The Flames would be much better off reassessing in 1-2 years.

Gillies is already 25. I don't think the plan should be to hold out for Parsons to put it together either. Rittich is the only one currently being groomed for #1. He doesn't need another 4 years as backup.

With all the significant equipment changes, this is also the worst year ever to acquire an aging and struggling goalie, based on past success.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Flames should be doing everything they can to get Quick..... would make them an instant cup favorite. Riding Rittich into the playoffs is huge question mark.... LA would surely ask for an overpayment though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad