Eklund Rumor: Quenneville to the Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You really couldn't find a better f'n source than Eklund?

I think Q would rather wait for a better situation/team. Its been less than 3 months since he was fired.

They have a strong nucleus, a ton of cap space, a great group of prospects that includes a top 3 goalie prospect in the world, and an owner with bottomless pockets (Comcast). It's a pretty good situation actually. They just LOOK awful right now because of how bad f***ing terrible Hakstol is. Legit worst coach in team history AINEC.

Reactions: tucson83

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
There's a lot of smoke around the flyers.

Yep, lots of smoke ...

giphy.gif

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
For some reason I don't see Q fitting in Philadelphia. But knowing Philly's odd moves I can see how it's possible, probably would make him the highest paid coach in the league.

Reactions: Voight

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Eklund also mentions the Flyers acquiring 'Hawks players' and trading for a goaltender using Alex Lyon as bait, but specifically mentions that goaltender is not a Blackhawk.

He throws so much of it at the wall, it's surprising almost none of it ever sticks.

apparently the trading of Panarin caused quite a rift between Q and Bowman.

if Q becomes Flyers head coach, i fully expect Panarin to sign there next July. Q loves him and the Flyers have the cap space.

Reactions: Rebels57 and Tripod

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, I predicted this a week ago. IF it happens, it's not like this was some groundbreaking development.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
This is classic Eklund by the way. There were rumblings of Q to Philly since before Hextall was fired. The media is treating Hakstol's firing as a fait accompli. Eklund tries to piggyback on it and it'll be shit like this that the gullible will point to as Eklund getting one right.

Reactions: Rebels57

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
apparently the trading of Panarin caused quite a rift between Q and Bowman.

if Q becomes Flyers head coach, i fully expect Panarin to sign there next July. Q loves him and the Flyers have the cap space.

Don’t forget the trade for Panarin’s buddy Tarasenko first.

Reactions: bauer

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Theres a lot of jobs that could open up come April. Why would he rush to join Philly?

Because the Flyers are almost a dream job to walk into right now. They have a super talented roster (for a losing team, at least), cap space for days, prospects for days, etc.

We as fans quite literally think the team will be fixed with 3 simple adjustments:

1) New coach with a personality
2) Stop overusing bad players
3) Have healthy, good goaltending.

1 and 2 can be fixed by Q (hopefully he'll wait until he's been around a while before he overplays his "favorites" in Philly). 3 will have to come elsewhere, FLETCH.

With a competent coach that the players believe in, this team will turn around.

Reactions: Euforic

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
Theres a lot of jobs that could open up come April. Why would he rush to join Philly?

Honest question, what jobs are going to be available in April that would be more appealing?

Some young cornerstone players in Patrick, Provorov, Hart. A few very good to great veteran players in Giroux, Voracek, Couts. Already a very significant amount of cap space to chase Panarin and/or a goalie and more coming on the horizon when Macdonald/Weise are gone in a year. No significant roster pieces in danger of being lost to free agency any time soon. One of the best prospect pools in the league which will provide cheap depth for years to come. Underachieving roster that is almost guaranteed to significantly improve with competent coaching.

Seems like a pretty ideal situation to walk in to.

Morrison

Jul 5, 2007
Give him $10m per year so he sign the damn contract already today! Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad