Eklund Rumor: Quenneville to the Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Honestly I agree with him on this one. I see it being very possible especially considering the situation. This team has potential, I can easily see them doing well in the playoffs with a solid goalie and a new coach (that seems to be the theme this year)

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Aren’t the flyers eklunds home team? Seems like something he might be correct on and actually have a source.
And if not, it would a lot of people’s best guess.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
There's a lot of smoke around the flyers.
Apparently they don't land back in Philly until 6Pm tonight, so it would make sense for a coaching change to be announce monday morning

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Eklund is just piggybacking off of Tweets from actual insiders yesterday. He's always wrong, but I hope he's not this time.

The Flyers are absolutely awful under Hakstol right now, but there is plenty of talent, plenty of cap space, plenty of prospects, and deep pockets from ownership. He would have a lot to work with.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... This is Eklund talking about Philly. It does have a reasonable chance of being grounded on something solid.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Every eklund rumor about the flyer you see the same posts. “If it’s about the flyers it may be true as he’s in with that org”. Not true. But this is likely true, though not an eklund rumor.

Reactions: BernieParent

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You really couldn't find a better f'n source than Eklund?

I think Q would rather wait for a better situation/team. Its been less than 3 months since he was fired.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
You really couldn't find a better f'n source than Eklund?

I think Q would rather wait for a better situation/team. Its been less than 3 months since he was fired.

IMO, Philly is in a great position. Giroux, Voracek, Couts, Konecny, JVR, Simmonds, Patrick, and Lindblom make up one of the best offensive rosters in the league.

They're defence is all right, and once Brian Elliot comes back their goaltending will be a bit more stable. Plus, they have the space to sign Bob or Varlamov in the summer.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
IMO, Philly is in a great position. Giroux, Voracek, Couts, Konecny, JVR, Simmonds, Patrick, and Lindblom make up one of the best offensive rosters in the league.

They're defence is all right, and once Brian Elliot comes back their goaltending will be a bit more stable. Plus, they have the space to sign Bob or Varlamov in the summer.
Watched the game last night in Vancouver and Philly just looked like they are playing to get the coach fired.
They had jump in the first.but Vancouver scored...and they just gave up..thats not a Flyers team i know.
Quinville would really help for sure.

Oryx05

Jan 13, 2018
Hakstol's decision making leaves me scratching my head. You yank the goalie early last night, but not under the same circumstance in Edmonton? You announce the back up is starting, re-nag, and have to put him in anyways 5 minutes into the game, cold.

Should have been fired between periods.

Q would be a tremendous improvement.

Reactions: tucson83

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Eklund also mentions the Flyers acquiring 'Hawks players' and trading for a goaltender using Alex Lyon as bait, but specifically mentions that goaltender is not a Blackhawk.

He throws so much of it at the wall, it's surprising almost none of it ever sticks.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Watched the game last night in Vancouver and Philly just looked like they are playing to get the coach fired.
They had jump in the first.but Vancouver scored...and they just gave up..thats not a Flyers team i know.
Quinville would really help for sure.

Since Hextall was fired, they have been playing like they are waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's clearly weighing heavily on them.

Reactions: Tripod and tucson83

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Eklund also mentions the Flyers acquiring 'Hawks players' and trading for a goaltender using Alex Lyon as bait, but specifically mentions that goaltender is not a Blackhawk.

He throws so much of it at the wall, it's surprising almost none of it ever sticks.

I think they'll go after Quick and then in the offseason make a big pitch for Panarin.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Again, why does anybody repost Eklund?

In this case, Eklund is just piggybacking off of Tweets from actual insiders yesterday. Two Flyers insiders and 1 Seattle insider all tweeted about it. Eklund is of course lying when he said he "got a text message," but there is still some smoke to this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->