OT: Quebec's all-time best athlete?

BeastMode420

Jan 30, 2018
I've played the 2nd highest level of football in canada, what about you ?

(mod) You have a difficulty understanding semantics and it's the only reason there's a debate.

I have played SP in baseball and have been invited to Florida when the Expos were around my coach were Sylvain Saindon and recruiter was Alex Agostino .... SF Giants recruiter liked me I had a chance to get drafted (not in the high round like 20th + but still) I blew my shoulder and it shit the bed after that.

But anyways. You could have played in the NFL or won a gold medal in Curling it doesn't change the fact that it is well recognize Gymnast are the best athletes.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have played SP in baseball and have been invited to Florida when the Expos were around my coach were Sylvain Saindon and recruiter was Alex Agostino .... SF Giants recruiter liked me I had a chance to get drafted (not in the high round like 20th + but still) I blew my shoulder and it **** the bed after that.

But anyways. You could have played in the NFL or won a gold medal in Curling it doesn't change the fact that it is well recognize Gymnast are the best athletes.
Most athletic... not the best athletes..

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Athlete is just used to describe people that practice a sport, most often times at a high level.

That means the better you are in your sport the better athlete you are.
If that's the case, no idea how GSP doesnt win by a landslide as he is by far the greatest Quebec born MMA fighter.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
- Dominance versus their peers, both historically and in their own time.

- Size of talent pool of sport in question

- ambassador to their sport

- inspiration to the public

And there quite a few name who fit all those and they've mostly all been named. The rest is mostly personal bias.

Size of talent pool is why id chose Rocket or Lemieux over the others.

We have very different opinions on what makes someone an athlete.
I look at athletic abilities, that's it.

That said, even by your standards, not sure how GSP isnt at the top of your list.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
If that's the case, no idea how GSP doesnt win by a landslide as he is by far the greatest Quebec born MMA fighter.
greatest Quebec born MMA fighter as you said . But i would be curious to know the number of pro hockey players compared to the number of MMA fighters around the world .

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
greatest Quebec born MMA fighter as you said . But i would be curious to know the number of pro hockey players compared to the number of MMA fighters around the world .
Pretty sure Martial Arts have been around long before hockey.
If you're talking specifically about the sport of MMA...you can do that in every country in the world.
Can't say the same for hockey.

But that's why I think it's silly to compare sports. You can't do it.

I look at athletic abilities.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Pretty sure Martial Arts have been around long before hockey.
If you're talking specifically about the sport of MMA...you can do that in every country in the world.
Can't say the same for hockey.

But that's why I think it's silly to compare sports. You can't do it.

I look at athletic abilities.
you didn't answer the question ; it isn't about the number of countries where there are martial arts fighters but about the number of MMA Pros fighters

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
you didn't answer the question ; it isn't about the number of countries where there are martial arts fighters but about the number of MMA Pros fighters
Well I cant help you there, I have no idea. If you go down that road though..Lemieux played a team sport, which is very different from fighting.
That's why I think its silly to compare sports. The beat thing you can do is look at their athletic abilities.

Reactions: BeastMode420

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Well I cant help you there, I have no idea. If you go down that road though..Lemieux played a team sport, which is very different from fighting.
That's why I think its silly to compare sports. The beat thing you can do is look at their athletic abilities.

That's true in that you can't really compare athletes and what they do across different sports. As an example, who is the best runner? Someone who can run the fastest 100 yard dash or someone who can run the fastest marathon. Both runners can beat the other in their own specialty and will lose in the other's specialty.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That's true in that you can't really compare athletes and what they do across different sports. As an example, who is the best runner? Someone who can run the fastest 100 yard dash or someone who can run the fastest marathon. Both runners can beat the other in their own specialty and will lose in the other's specialty.
Ya, that's a good example.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Seriously , GSP has a career of 26 victories ...:shakehead
Lemieux ? hundreds if not thousands of victories :toothless
:vhappy:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad