Quebec Nordiques proposed 1995-96 jerseys

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
Jerseys were great but logo was terrible either.
This fits into second half of 90's with fisherman and robo-coyote.

Right, I like the jersey, the colors remind me of the late 70's Penguins jerseys before they switched to black/gold. But the logo is pure minor-league.

DJyellow

Sponsor
May 9, 2002
Laval
I remember thinking to myself at the time that it was a pretty nice jersey... looks very dated now

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
You don't tweak greatness. The 90's Quebec Nordiques uniforms were the nicest uniforms in hockey history.

s-l500.jpg

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
People talking about aging and that 90s trend of giving more actual image instead of abstract logo that didn't age well.

I remember not disliking them back then, now they look ridiculous while the Nordiques uniform look extremely good.

Same goes for the Mustang and other car 80s-90s version.... it was not a particularly glorious time design wise.

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
The wolf is not a bad jersey/design. Colours scheme is dated but that's fixed easy enough. I'd say it wasn't NHL caliber, but after looking at what the NHL does and has had for jersey design that wouldn't quite be true.

It's just that the Nordiques ones are that much better.

At one time the Nordiques in their final years were my favourite version, but now my top Nordiques uniform choice is this WHA one.

752bceac8da301a5778fbdd85eec357a.jpg

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I am almost thankful the Nordiques moved instead of wearing those horrid wolf jerseys. Actually, I think there would have been enough backlash that they would scrap the idea or switch back after a year or two so bring hockey back to QC.

Jets should revert to the previous look.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I am almost thankful the Nordiques moved instead of wearing those horrid wolf jerseys. Actually, I think there would have been enough backlash that they would scrap the idea or switch back after a year or two so bring hockey back to QC.

Jets should revert to the previous look.
Without question. Actually, these are my favorite Jets rendition...but the Selanne era are sweet too.

52979891_display_image.jpg

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
The Nordiques logo looks like a sad elephant.

Shoutout to the 8-year-old post dropping a Web Warriors reference. I’d trade the next few NHL seasons for another chance to see Heavy Metal ramp it up.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
These jerseys illustrated the management issues within the organisation. Not on-ice issues, like when they got 3 straight 1st overall picks, but things were in a bad place and this picture is one more proof of it.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The wolf is not a bad jersey/design. Colours scheme is dated but that's fixed easy enough. I'd say it wasn't NHL caliber, but after looking at what the NHL does and has had for jersey design that wouldn't quite be true.

It's just that the Nordiques ones are that much better.

At one time the Nordiques in their final years were my favourite version, but now my top Nordiques uniform choice is this WHA one.

752bceac8da301a5778fbdd85eec357a.jpg

There's alot going on here, but I think they have a certain charm to them.

It's sort of reminds me of retro expos uniforms.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
This... was a bad idea on every level.

The original Nordiques jersey was a classic; you don't mess with that.

PurpleMouse

Apr 27, 2014
I actually don't think these Nords jerseys are that bad, it's just radically different than what we were used to, sort of "fixing what's not broken.

It would be in line with Sabres & Capitals re-design in the 90s, fine uniforms but people just like the old ones. The difference being the colours were more daring in the Nordiques case, but I think it walks the line without being ridiculous. A colour combination like that would be welcome in the NHL- just not at the expense of the fine uniform Quebec already had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad