Quebec Nordiques proposed 1995-96 jerseys

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Absolutely horrific, and bordering on sacreligious.

I sincerely hope the 'new' Nordiques don't make the same mistake the new Winnipeg Jets have made, shelving a perfectly classic jersey for all the wrong reasons.

KingJet*

Reminds me of the Timberwolves logo, but I bet they would've switched back in like 2006-07, just something way different, I love the Nordiques logo though, but nothing tops Hartfords.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I've always felt they practically deserved to lose their team for coming up with something so ugly.

Even worse, the old nords jerseys were just magnificent.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I found this pic of them in an image search, I guess the colours have been altered by a fan, but I think it shows the potential of the design with a more reasonable colour scheme. Grey, Navy and Light Blue fit the traditional Nordique look much better. I really do like the logo, though the striping is very reminiscent of the Penguins early 90s look, but not terrible by any stretch. Like others have said, its the purple and turquoise that kill it...

Nordiques1995proposed.jpg

Potato Juice

Dec 6, 2011
Amsterdam
I found this pic of them in an image search, I guess the colours have been altered by a fan, but I think it shows the potential of the design with a more reasonable colour scheme. Grey, Navy and Light Blue fit the traditional Nordique look much better. I really do like the logo, though the striping is very reminiscent of the Penguins early 90s look, but not terrible by any stretch. Like others have said, its the purple and turquoise that kill it...

Nordiques1995proposed.jpg

This is golden, nice find! :handclap: Looks way better!

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Those never used new Nords sweaters look more befitting of a team in the 'Q'. U-g-l-y and aint got no alibi - ugly.

The Nordiques sweater everyone knows and loves is a Top 10 all-time hockey sweater. WHEN they come back, those should be the default jersey, and their third, some sort of an homage to the Bulldogs, with a primary Bulldogs crest.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
The viewer must take care of placing himself in 1995 for judging.

I think at that time they were nice. In 2012, not at all.

Is'nt comparing this to the Islanders fisherman a bit exagerated?

Anyways, if the team is reborn, be assure there wont be a Huskie on the logo. It always been seen as a mark of the death of the beloved Nordiques here.

My feeling is its obvious a new logo and jersey would come but for sure, the blue 1994 fleurdelysee would be used as a third. There is just NO question about it and would be a big seller throughout the league :yo:

PS By the way, the Nordiques gear comes in 17 rank in NHL teams sales. We're talking about a team dead in 1995!

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
the nordiques' logo is up there with the flyers, bruins, whalers, habs, hawks and wings as some of the best logos ever done. not in hockey, or all of sports, but in the entire field of graphic design.

why **** up with a good thing?

actually, i really want the nords back, but if i had the choice between getting the franchise back or having to look at this **** for a few years... yeah, see ya.

WingsFan95

Mar 22, 2008
Kanata
I think some people are just haters.

I was never a fan of the Nords jerseys. The logo is one of the most confusing in sports. Grew up thinking it was an igloo with a hockey stick...

And I loved th Isles Fiserman jerseys. I'm sorry but a typical "NY" log isn't going to impress me.

But guess that's why the AFL always appealed to me because of their outrageous logos:

San_Jose_SaberCats.jpg

The only bad jerseys were the Bruins Bear Jerseys and these:

los-angeles-kings-wayne-gretzky.jpg

http://johnchidleyhill.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/burger-king.jpg[/mg]

God those were terrible.

seekritdude

May 3, 2009
www.facebook.com
god damn those are ugly.. looks like some random IHL team thing... Then again if you just look at the regular jerseys in that pic.... they really are all that hot either.... Nostaglia I think makes them more pleasing...

But yea really really bad.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
The colors are so-so but that logo...? Noooooo.

The classic Nordiques jersey was perfect as it was. No need to mess with it.

God, I miss having two NHL teams in Quebec. That was just awesome.

ICM1970

Jan 29, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Oh my, something that would make the New York Islanders' "Captain Highliner" jerseys look classic by comparison. The classic Nordiques home whites with the fleur de lis are among my favourites in the defunct/no longer in use division for NHL sweaters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad