Knock-off version:

2OxI7.jpg
m6jpa.jpg

Personally I love the colors.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I changed your thread title.

Surely you realize that when a reader sees "Quebec Nordiques proposed new jerseys", they're expecting something for the next NHL season (and probably some relocation news), right?

EDIT: Also moving the thread to the appropriate venue.

Pengo

Jan 27, 2011
I changed your thread title.

Surely you realize that when a reader sees "Quebec Nordiques proposed new jerseys", they're expecting something for the next NHL season (and probably some relocation news), right?

Oh... I didn't think people were expecting to get Quebec a new team before the season ends. My bad.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Oh... I didn't think people were expecting to get Quebec a new team before the season ends. My bad.

"Before the season ends"? How many teams change jerseys in the middle of the playoffs?

For next season, obviously.

Reactions: Morrison

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I was 10 when these jerseys were released and I loved them but these would have been a disaster, to go from something so good to that would have been awful.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
It is consistent with the changes made in the 90s to hockey uniforms. The Islanders, Capitals, Blues, Flames are a few examples of teams making significant changes to their uniforms.

These remind me of the Minnesota Timberwolves. I uses to love the Avs unis though before they changed it up. Went out and bought one in 96.

Reactions: NYR94

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
They would have been nice in 1995, but like most clothing that tried to capitalize on people's love of ice-cream-headache-inducing colours, they're hidious 15 years on.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Quebec can use them if they get a team back, since I doubt they'll use these again.

Nordiques11.png

Before anyone asks why, you don't see the new Jets rocking these still, do you?

Jets10.png

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It shows you one of those things about design, you can't predict how designs age, how people will view them once the style trend that led to their making has passed.

The old designs for the Nords and Whalers have become a lot more appreciated and beloved since those teams have disappeared than they were then. In the 90s they were considered old and a symbol of archaic, defunct 70s design. Now they are "cult" and many consider them among the best designs in pro sports. Meanwhile this very 90s Nordiques design at the moment at least probably doesn't find many friends with aesthetically inclined people.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
I like the back and colors but that logo is terrible, looks so minor leauge.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I like that they were going to kill the iglooish blob, which I've always thought was a crappy, crappy logo, but the replacement would hardly have been a good one. And purple, turquoise and black? How oh so very lockstep 90's.

Note to teams: keep your own unique colors rather than bowing to whatever the color trend at the time is. Please. Don't just randomly add turquoise, or change your primary color to black. Particurally when your real color is interesting and unique (flyers thankfully realized this and ditched the black, but the sharks are trying to kill the blue, and that's a dreadful mistake)

Potato Juice

Dec 6, 2011
Amsterdam
I actually like the design... Especially the colour scheme is pretty cool (minus the turquoise). The jersey does look a little outdated though, but I love the wolf logo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad