Olympics: Quarterfinals talk!

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Shots 20-4, score 1-1, interesting

:D

I saw most of the first period, and I did not see us put two passes together in the offensive zone!

Hope the Russian players get panicky now thinking about the gross calamity if would be to lose to Denmark.
And how fitting that Frans Nielsen got the goal.

Still, expecting a clear loss. The talent disparity is just... very significant.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
That game was so much fun. Glad for Slovakia. I would love to see a team, NOT in the BIG 5, win Gold.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yes. All those youngsters didn't come thru.
The "grizzled vet" approach was no better 4 years ago. Worse pool play record and a shootout loss to the Czechs in the QF. The PP was bad tonight but going with the younger, faster approach seemed to be fine this tournament. Losing Sanderson hurt as well, as the coaching staff only had one true PP QB on the team.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The "grizzled vet" approach was no better 4 years ago. Worse pool play record and a shootout loss to the Czechs in the QF. The PP was bad tonight but going with the younger, faster approach seemed to be fine this tournament. Losing Sanderson hurt as well, as the coaching staff only had one true PP QB on the team.
The U.S. played well. It was a fun game and it was nice to see Slovakia win. But, none of it matters. Like Andy Rooney once said, "Sports matter because they don't matter."

Reactions: degustator

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin

Nah, we were too young.

I knew we were in trouble from half-way through the Canada game when Canada took us over physically. Then we barely beat Germany and now a loss to Slovakia.

The talent was very noticeable, but so was a lack of poise and general physicality.

Im not surprised at all we didn’t medal.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Nah, we were too young.

I knew we were in trouble from half-way through the Canada game when Canada took us over physically. Then we barely beat Germany and now a loss to Slovakia.

The talent was very noticeable, but so was a lack of poise and general physicality.

I loved their pace though for most of the game. Fan of Knies, for his Slovak roots too.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Nah, we were too young.

Again, they tried the, let's just pull older euro guys or washed NHL players 4 years ago and looked much worse. They made a few mistakes with the roster perhaps, but this team looked much better than the thing they put on the ice 4 years ago. That was a team I knew had zero chance to medal. Until about a minute left tonight, this version was looking good to at least play for one

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Semis will be interesting, as with the re-seeding according to the broadcast, and barring no other upsets, it looks like Finland vs Slovakia and ROC vs the Sweden-Canada winner in the semis.

Reactions: jaloviina

jaloviina

1-2-3 stars!
Dec 24, 2015
Bunch of Jerks Finland
Semis will be interesting, as with the re-seeding according to the broadcast, and barring no other upsets, it looks like Finland vs Slovakia and ROC vs the Sweden-Canada winner in the semis.
In elimination games anything can happen. I think Swedes will win Canada. And Swiss are a handful too. well soon we will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad