Olympics: Quarterfinals talk!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Big Congrats to Slovakia!

Slaf should go top 5. Really happy you were able to win with some youth.

Great job by US and going with a good game plan and team (remember people were saying you'd barely beat China.. except me and 2 US posters.haha)

Nice job ROC, rolling along nicely to your second gold in a row perhaps... really happy for Denmark on both the ladies and men's sides.

Now Finland and Russia in seperate brackets... they needed Slovakia to win.

1 more game.. curious how it goes! More of those uncanny Canadian late game heroics or the precision of the Swedes.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Swiss goalie selection against Finland was a bizarre screw up by Switzerland's coaching staff, which maybe cost them the game. I'm guessing that Genoni played on the previous day's game and they thought that they want to give him a rest. Just crazy decision to rest him there. They should've put him in for the remaining games. Well now Genoni can rest at home. I was pumped when the game started and I saw Berra in goal instead of Genoni.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Lol, Kuzmenko can't create? Really?
Nope, he can't. I am sure on VHL level he is Datsyuk, but at the Olympics he is just an another player we have plenty of. And if he has off ice issues with the team, then he is expendable.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So much for the great theory Canada's E Team can beat everybody easily. We should let NA players and NTs concentrate on their NHL and not let them participate in IIHF tournaments until the NHL stops sabotaging our best-on-best hockey.

I am fine with european teams playing for olympic gold.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Nope, he can't. I am sure on VHL level he is Datsyuk, but at the Olympics he is just an another player we have plenty of. And if he has off ice issues with the team, then he is expendable.

VHL level? The guy who scored 53 points in 45 KHL games this season? I don't understand your logic.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So much for the great theory Canada's E Team can beat everybody easily. We should let NA players and NTs concentrate on their NHL and not let them participate in IIHF tournaments until the NHL stops sabotaging our best-on-best hockey.

I am fine with european teams playing for olympic gold.
They also had 3 elite Juniors (1st, 3rd and 5th OV) and many posters think the entire World Junior team could show up and win this tourney. As I always say.. there are international fans and there are NHL fans who watch the Jr's at Xmas. Very different views between the 2 sets of posters.

Good luck in Semi's.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Finland has a squad and style like "Dad will take care of it". ;) But it will be close against Slovakia. But I hope that will be enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad