GDT: Quarterfinal - May 23 - Russia vs USA

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
Great game. Gavrikov is really good. I think he was our best D-man today. Vasy as usual, like its Tampa all over again. Kucherov had a bad game, but Gusev delivered - 3 points. :thumbu:
Vasilevsky still can't hold a puck. I thought they would teach him in Tampa. But nothing changed from his Salavat Yulaev's times

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Russian PBP guys said that had the challenge failed Russia would’ve been given a penalty. I was going to fly to Slovakia and smack Vorobyev on the head. Thankfully they were wrong

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I guess its ok to exhale now! Great nail-biting game. Team USA fought hard right down to the end. Russia was lucky to walk away with a win. Too bad they had one bad game against Canada (I didn't see it, so it may not have been a bad game). When you cruise through the prelim round like Russia did, you are not supposed to have to play a team that good.

The Russian weakness is defense. Everybody knows it, and everyone attacks it. What kills me is how many mental errors the D makes (Nesterov is the King of Mental Errors), particularly opportunities to clear the zone, squandered away by playing with the puck and then turning it over. They will need to do better to advance to the GMG.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Great game by both teams. Congratulations to Team Russia on their victory. Good effort by team USA on their comeback attempt that fell short.

Planet Hockey

Apr 22, 2016
Grigorenko was massive in the 3rd period. I hope people are done trashing him.

Does Russia have to be "losing" a game to "face adversity" or is that entire angle a mirage? Like, they weren't losing on the scoreboard today, but they sure as h*** faced some adversity.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Time to sit Kovalchuk and hopefully Ovechkin too against Sweden or Finland. Put Plotnikov and Barabanov there instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad