11 Luke Kunin - 19 Clayton Keller - 41 Luke Glendening

Scratched:
G 1 Cayden Primeau
F 10 Derek Ryan
F 71 Dylan Larkin

Last edited:

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
The russian press will present this as a war of some kind.

In fact I may even watch this one for a change.

I hope it will be a tense, close game.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I think USA players will think about themselves after tonight and will put more effort into this match to keep it close for some time, but it wont be enough.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Russia has to be the favourite in this one, but my lord, is that defense positively putrid in comparison to the offense. I could easily see some of Team USA’s stars on offense finally waking up and getting Vasilevskiy rattled early.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It will be pretty tough for the U.S here, Russia looks strong and the U.S still looks out of sorts. What would really worry me as a U.S fan is how they had no push at all in that 3rd period in the Canadian game, they pretty much went through the motions for the whole period.

Somethings not right with them and has not been right the whole tournament, they remind me of Canada at this thing last year, the talent is there but the will is not and out of sync.

Anythings possible in a one off and the U.S does have the talent to pull it off but they really need to figure it out and they have one game to do it against what has unquestionably been the strongest team so far this tournament. I don't like their odds.

Reactions: ranndino

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Russia has to be the favourite in this one, but my lord, is that defense positively putrid in comparison to the offense. I could easily see some of Team USA’s stars on offense finally waking up and getting Vasilevskiy rattled early.
That is a defense that has only let in 7 goals so far this tournament though, it has not been a problem to this point.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
That is a defense that has only let in 7 goals so far this tournament though, it has not been a problem to this point.
Yep. And 5 out of those 7 goals were garbage goals in late 3rd period (against Norway and Sweden). But the biggest problem for Russia is that it hasn’t faced much adversity yet.

Reactions: ranndino

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Yep. And 5 out of those 7 goals were garbage goals in late 3rd period (against Norway and Sweden). But the biggest problem for Russia is that it hasn’t faced much adversity yet.
Yeah, that can be a problem for teams some times( a lot of times) they don't get battle tested before the must win games. Still, maybe they won't have to face any, maybe they just continue to roll and put games away by the 3rd period.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm sorry but when your third line has Eichel and Gaudrea you have to be considered a gold contender. I know the pool play wasn't good but this team is almost as stacked as Russia.

US 4-3 as they've been battling adversity all tourney while the Russians have been cruising!

This could've easily been the gold medal match based on lineups.

ranndino

Jan 18, 2008
Boston, MA
This is the best Russian team I've seen at the worlds in quite some time. Loaded with talent, play well as a team instead of relying on individual play & remind me of Canada in their level of intensity. Having said all that, getting USA in QF isn't exactly a great reward for winning all 7 of your round robin games. A dangerous opponent that could knock them out. How much would that suck after looking this good up until now?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Secret weapon:

Spittin' Chiclets on Twitter: "Is Vladimir Putin the greatest hockey player ever? Some would say yes Дмитрий Смирнов on Twitter" / Twitter

Man, the Western press has been laying it on thick with the jokes about Putin playing hockey. It's been days upon days of this.

You'd think the guy is doing something unprecedented. As if politicians all over the world never ever do sports-related photo-ops.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Man, the Western press has been laying it on thick with the jokes about Putin playing hockey. It's been days upon days of this.

You'd think the guy is doing something unprecedented. As if politicians all over the world never ever do sports-related photo-ops.

Have they?

I saw this on Spittin' Chicklets only.

Reactions: Dominance

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
This will be the best hockey to watch IMO. For USA the tournament begins with this game. Who knows how it turns out.
Russia looks better right now, mainly defensively so I would say they should win this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->