GDT: Quarterfinal - May 23 - Russia vs USA

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Have they?

I saw this on Spittin' Chicklets only.

Then you missed the part during the victory lap where he tripped on a carpet and fell on his face...

As to this game, Russia has surely been the most impressive team all tournament and unlike many teams have no issues playing as the favourite. Haven't seen the USA play yet but their results haven't exactly been impressive. They'll need to wake up if they want to avoid an embarrassing blowout.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
It will be pretty tough for the U.S here, Russia looks strong and the U.S still looks out of sorts. What would really worry me as a U.S fan is how they had no push at all in that 3rd period in the Canadian game, they pretty much went through the motions for the whole period.

Somethings not right with them and has not been right the whole tournament, they remind me of Canada at this thing last year, the talent is there but the will is not and out of sync.

Anythings possible in a one off and the U.S does have the talent to pull it off but they really need to figure it out and they have one game to do it against what has unquestionably been the strongest team so far this tournament. I don't like their odds.
and their goaltending needs to be lights out!

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
You have to admire it!

You literally have to admire it.

Hmm theres even more to this amazing performance than meets the eye. The song in the background which they are playing to celebrate this absolutely stunning effort goes like "you are a machine, you are a machine!". And well.. he is :Р

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Team USA does have talent, and in a single game that often breaks down to how the puck is bouncing, certainly has a chance to pull off an upset, but its not likely. The Russian defense usually has the most problems against forwards who are both big and talented, who can muscle them in front of the net, and from what I can see of the US, they mostly have little quick guys. That is what Russians are most accustomed to playing against, and best equipped to handle. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: Madifer

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Win or lose, and Russia certainly has to be heavy favorites based on play thus far, I'd just like to see one game where USA fans can say "they played really well". We haven't seen one yet.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I would NOT judge any team, and especially a NA team based on preliminary round games.

Unless that team is playing for division survival or a marginal team fighting to make 1/4th (but even then - it's all from scratch in the round-robin)

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
2 teams with stacked rosters and crap coaching.
Unfortunately I think USA takes this.

It’s cool we’ve steamrolled through everybody to this point, but not facing any adversity so far is concerning. I’m feeling a Tampa Bay Lightning vibe.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
2 teams with stacked rosters and crap coaching.
Unfortunately I think USA takes this.

It’s cool we’ve steamrolled through everybody to this point, but not facing any adversity so far is concerning. I’m feeling a Tampa Bay Lightning vibe.
They do have Schneider in goal. That alone is a good sign for us

Reactions: Hint1k

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Larkin is a significant loss for the US team. However I still smell a decent upset in the air. USA definitely have chance to beat Russia and my prediction says that they will.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
I expect the US team to play much better than in the preliminary round, but hopefully the Russians will send this team full of 'stars' home.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Despite all the unprecedented talent on the US roster, so far they have been even less impressive than most years. Last chance to wake up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad