GDT: Quarterfinal - May 18 - Canada (2) vs Germany (1)

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
That play was basically the London knights powerplay of 2015/16 - keep Marner the same, replace O'Reilly with Matthew Tkachuk and replace Scheifele with jj Picinich and its the exact play. Marner runs this pp

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
If Germany can stay out of the box, they might be able to keep this game close and give themselves a shot at the end. If not, they're probably screwed.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'd take Drai over Scheifele any day of the week but they're both top 10 forwards in the league right now.

Yup. Drai is well on his way to superstardom, he's incredible to watch. He's also a physical player too, just a tank protecting the puck.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You must be fun at parties. He probably meant Draisaitl in terms of NHL scoring. But Scheifele was one place ahead.

I'm tons of fun.

Draisatl was nothing special in that period aside from a few brief moments. Great young player but that was not a period of hockey where I would go wow!!

Let's not give him overkudos based on his name only.

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
Draisatl was nothing special in that period aside from a few brief moments. Great young player but that was not a period of hockey where I would go wow!!

To make special plays you need to have capable partners. For some of Germanys players his passes are more like shots. Difficult to adjust ...

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Oh, you're funny. Sour grapes are nothing new from the Latvian fans on this board

I'm just kidding, I don't give a **** about whether we lost or win. I love the game, not the result. All my jabs about refereeing are just in good spirit, and this particular one was just paraphrasing fake Bernie Sanders talking about the US presidential debate ON Comedy Central :D
Although refereeing is generally atrocious at IIHF as always, Slovaks had a legit goal vs us not counted, we had issues in the game vs you... Gladly nobody counted a goal that was not actually scored as during some other IIHF WC.. or wait a minute :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad