GDT: Quarterfinal • May 12 • Russia 2, Canada 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
First, and likely last, game of this tournament I've watched. Exciting game, awful officiating and slopiness was on par with what I've seen of this tournament in the past, but congrats to Russia on moving forward, I know it means a lot more to them.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
who cares about the gold? We beat Canada, that's all that matters.

It seems to in terms of the Russian players.

Although, give your goalie credit for playing fairly solid when Canada was throwing a lot of chance your way.

Without him, the comeback may have been out of reach.

Anyway, congrats, see you next year.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
More guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Richards (x2), Iginla, Staal, Toews, Giroux, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Subban and Doughty would help too. Pathetic that we can't get more players to play for Canada

Canada invited plenty of those players. It's up to the players if they want to accept the invitation.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Actually, to my mind Russia was quite useless for much of the game, undisciplined and having an incredible amount of bad passes. What was strange that Canada still managed to lose - haven't seen this sort of inefficiency for ages. Practically no rebounds won and lots of only illusionary control. Reminds me of typical Finland on a bad day...

Well, unfortunately Russia will be much better tomorrow. Will be an interesting game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad