GDT: Quarterfinal • May 12 • Russia 2, Canada 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
I have no idea why they continue to hire Hitchcock for these tournaments. His outdated style always costs Canada.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
As long as it's on during the NHL playoffs, it'll get little to no attention like always.

I'm sorry but it gets lot of attention, TSN broadcast every team Canada and team USA game, they broadcast all QF, SF and Final, to say that it gets no attention is incorrect.

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
When was the last time a Canadian team was coached this badly? How does Tavares average less than 13 minutes per game in the tournament? How does Hitchcock not make any changes to our terrible powerplay? He kept going with the same lines that were continuously failing.

Simply should not be allowed to coach Canada anymore

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
More guys like Clutterbuck, less guys like Spezza. I ate my potato chips with more passion during the game.

More guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Richards (x2), Iginla, Staal, Toews, Giroux, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Subban and Doughty would help too. Pathetic that we can't get more players to play for Canada

TheArchitect*

The coaches of Canada and these Leaf players were useless the entire tournament

:laugh: Reimer goes 4-0, Phaneuf is easily one of Canada's best defensemen..

Someone doesn't watch hockey at all.

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
Maybe next year they can stop sending these stupid all young teams and get proven players.

Weren't the youngster's better than the vets? Besides it's about giving future Canadian stars more international experience for when it's more important.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
You really think that a Canadian u23 team could win almost Russian Olympic team?

Canadian team did once again really good.

Tomorrow it'll be bad day for our neighbours Russia, sorry. :)

(Payback for WC-qualifiers in footy :rant:)

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Dude, will you give it a rest? He worked hard in this tournament and made 2 poor plays. If anyone else had bothered showing up and scoring a goal, we wouldn't have been in such a tight spot at the end of the game.

Seriously, give it up, it's getting annoying.

well, it surely doesn't get more annoying than Sens fans taking the heat off of Spezza by calling out Phaneuf...

Mara

May 10, 2011
Funny how Canadians don't care about this tournament and this match at all but still you swarm the thread. :D

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Yeah, except we say it before, during and after the tournament.

The only tourneys Canadians care about are when all our best are playing/available (eg Olympics when NHL participating) and the World Jrs.

Otherwise, yawn . . .

But you still watched the game didn't you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad