GDT: Quarterfinal • May 12 • Russia 2, Canada 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfk711*

Good game to watch. Another one-goal game between Canada-Russia.

Too bad Canada lost but they were terrible in the third period while Russia just got stronger and stronger. Didn't really notice Ovechkin in this game at all but as usual, Kovalchuk comes up big in the third period against Canada in the WHC.

So it's Finland-Russia tomorrow?

Yes. Finland vs Russia and Sweden vs Czech

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Maybe next year they can stop sending these stupid all young teams and get proven players.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
He obviously just doesn't like Bernier, notice he only posted in here when the game was over.

Please... even the announcer said that he was leaning the wrong way. He screwed up that partial breakaway. Would Reimer have made that save.. I think so, but no way to know for sure but he would have at least had better positioning. Bernier deserves his share of the blame, just like Reimer did. You can't have it both ways, and the fact that they were almost the same type of goals that Reimer go so much abuse for... well that's just "funny". (Not funny, but you know what I mean). Most of the people that post here are hypocrites and we are just pointing it out.

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
I wish more Canadians woulod answer the bell

I agree with this. Don't be annoyed at the players who did go. They went, they tried. They didn't win, sure. If you have to be annoyed at anybody (and you really don't, you got to watch some pretty good hockey), be annoyed at those who didn't go.

Bernier didn't have a chance on any of the three goals against. The first was off the D's glove, the second was a breakaway and the third was just fail. Sure, Reimer might have possibly saved one of them, but he also might of let in three or four others, hardly a point worth debating.

Congrats to Russia, and as you can tell, I'm pretty sure the disallowed goal should have counted.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He was also responsible for both Russian goals too. First goal the guy blew right by his atrocious defense and Kovalchop was his man on the second goal. Alas, he singlehandedly lost this game with his defense.

Yeah the other 4 players on the ice were playing quality hockey.

There's too many stars on this team to only end up scoring 1 goal.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
The coaches of Canada and these Leaf players were useless the entire tournament

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
So, has this tourney just become an excuse for HF'ers to talk **** about other teams' players?

You all look like children. And I know more than half of you are serious.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
There it comes. :D
In psychology it's called second defense mechanism, denial. ;)

Surprised that Canada lost this one. If Rus plays this good we are lost already.

Yeah, except we say it before, during and after the tournament.

The only tourneys Canadians care about are when all our best are playing/available (eg Olympics when NHL participating) and the World Jrs.

Otherwise, yawn . . .

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Maybe next year they can stop sending these stupid all young teams and get proven players.

LOL, The young players are the ones who are dynamic and still want to play hard for their country. Forget the 'proven' players that want to be at the cottage with their families and take only the young guys......and get a coach who wants to score some damn goals instead of wanting to win 2-1.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
So, has this tourney just become an excuse for HF'ers to talk **** about other teams' players?

You all look like children. And I know more than half of you are serious.

What else did you expect?

It's actually sorta funny. Let's do this again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad