GDT: Quarterfinal • Jan. 2 • Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
We won't stand a chance against Canada but I would love a final against them again. Nylander(+ maybe Söderström) against Canada..

Salming

Mar 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
Thanks for this year finnish hockey Brothers.

All in all Finland played a good game working hard every shift. They scored on counterattacks but failed to create plays from puck possession. This was very obvious on their PP.

Too many mistakes and odd-man rushes agains Sweden.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Yeah, opinions are like "you-know-what". I hope Ducks don't draft these guys.

I only said that there is other players too that deserves another look. Next years offence looks great with Puljujärvi, Kapanen, Rantanen, Hintz, Aho and Laine. The best we have ever had.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
In the era of smartphones and multifunctional tools, the best players get... a wrist watch. I lol'd.

Very entertaining game all in all. 1st period was a snooze fest, but when the first goal was scored, the hounds were let loose.

Well, the #1 use of phones is still to check time. :naughty:

Besides, other technological tools very quickly become obsolete. Watches go on for a long time.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I hope Julius Honka plays in Dallas next season, guy is awful on powerplay. Every shot he takes hits the defenders legs. He hogs the puck and takes constantly unnecessary one-timers. This guy is the biggest reason for Finland's bad powerplay on this game.

Finland's coaching staff is the biggest reason for Finland's powerplay being bad.

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
We won't stand a chance against Canada but I would love a final against them again. Nylander(+ maybe Söderström) against Canada..

Never say never. We have the angry Russians first, though. That will be a hell of a game

Last edited:

jonocc

Jan 2, 2015
those swedish clowns win cause referee help them nice.. sweden cant never win without referee help so embarrassing.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Very impressed by the finns though. Rantanen and Puljujärvi are gems.

Kharkov

Jun 28, 2013
Congratz Sweden. Hopefully they make it into gold medal game. Swedish pp and pk is spot on. Söderstrom (or who that Swedish goalie is) didn't look very good.

On 5-on-5 game Finland was good, no problems there. Husso didn't have his best game, but can't blame him for the loss at all. Powerplay and pk was ridiculously bad, 0/21 wtf...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad